Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone can't be detected

Default iphone can't be detected
    I just got a new iphone on ebay that was unlocked with ZiPhone. The iphone functions "just fine" except it can't be detected by any of my 3 computers. I've tried uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling it. I've contacted the seller and am on the verge of returning it out of frustration. It is completely unresponsive to the computers. It only charges when I plug it in with a Griffin wall plug. The Apple wall plug that the usb cable attaches to doesn't charge it either. 2 of the computers are XP and the other is Vista.

Before I return this is there anything I'm not doing here or is there something that I can do?

thanks

RC

iPhone? More like MyPhone doogee's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like someone sold you a dud iphone. I don't know if anyone else will have any tips. Never heard of it.

I don't think this guy's a scammer. He's sold 100's of these and has great feedback. I just think I got the dud.

RC

Don't think your phone is a dud. Mine is doing the same thing. I've searched for hours for a fix but I can't find anything.

iTunes was syncing fine for awhile, but desided to downgrade to 1.1.2 since 1.1.4 Customize wasn't working.

So I did, unlocked/jailbroke with ziphone, iTunes synced the first time, then when I tried to plug in the phone and sync again, nothing. Windows recognizes the phone, just not iTunes.

I've restored twice already (second time I synced all contacts, music, etc. incase it didn't work again) and it's the same.

I've heard solutions about iTunes upgrading/downgrading. Nothin'. Some loader hack. Nothin'.

After a lot of googling, it seems like it's because ziphone doesn't jailbreak all the way or something like that.

I dunno, if anyone could shine some light, I'd appreciate it.

16gig, 1.1.2 (1.1.3 OTB) ziphone unlocked/jailbroken.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It doesn't have anything to do with ziphone's method of jailbreaking. Your best bet is to download ziphone... click "refurbish"... then RESTORE to 1.1.4 and try and re-connect to iTunes.