Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Yahoo Mail access problems after 1.1.4 jailbreak

Default Yahoo Mail access problems after 1.1.4 jailbreak
    Has anyone else been unable to connect to Yahoo Mail after jailbreaking an out of the box 1.1.4 using ziphone? Yahoo mail worked fine before jailbreaking and now i get the "Cannot Get Mail" user name/password incorrect error. My yahoo password doesnt contain non-alphanumeric characters and user name and password are entered correctly. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

no yahoo push imap for me after ziphone jailbreak (113)!

but I can still add it as pop3.
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Guys what version of Ziphone did you use? if another than 2.5c try this one and do it again and it will work, it have a fix for it...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...171#post336171
    Last edited by javiert30; 2008-03-10 at 04:08 AM. Reason: add link

Yeah. I used 2.5C to jailbreak only. Y!Mail still thinks my user name and password are incorrect. I tried deleting out my account and re-adding it, but now i cant even add it back because the account fails to verify. I also tried changing my account password...no luck there either.

THanks for the replies

I am having the same issue...I also used the newest 2.5c version but all yahoo accounts won't work and I can't install any 3rd party programs from installer or ibrickr...actually I can install, everything looks fine but then no icons show up on the iphone.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Do a reset network from settings/general/reste/reset network settings this will reset only the network settings not your apps, then try to go to your email again if it didnt work. Delete your yahoo account from your iPhone, then choose to add an account but this time do not choose yahoo, choose make another then do that one as yahoo account then try to connect sometimes if fix that problem...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What do I put in the other account I get the message "mail.my email @ yahoo " cant connected any help would be appreciated

i'm in the same boat i can't use my yahoo mail on my iPhone after jailbaiting it help plz!

Thanks

I had that same problem, i had to restore the phone and re jailrbreak it.

I only had these problems with ziphone, so i went to iliberty and used there stuff and havent had a problem since.

iLiberty is only for Windows.... How can i fix it if i own a mac some1 plz help

update i used iLibery and Ziphone BOTH do not work with Yahoo Mail and iTunes i installed the fixes and everything i still cannot receive mail and use youtube.
    Last edited by artoaky; 2008-05-13 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Have you fully restored to a apple 1.1.4 firmware?

You can't keep trying to jailbreak and jailbreak it won't fix anything. You need to start from scratch.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

First time poster here. I've been trying to search for a solution for the Yahoo Mail sycning problem. I've tried everything from deleting, and creating new accounts, resetting network settings. None has worked for me, however, this has.

1. Take out sim card
    2. Restore phone and start as new phone
    3. Wait until it restores and wait until iTunes gives you an error about the iPhone's missing sim card.
    4. Start up iLiberty+, and check the boxes for Jailbreak, Activate, and YouTube fix
    5. After jailbreaking, insert Sim card, and sync your iPhone with the computer
    6. Add your Yahoo account.

Tell me if that works for you guys.

Since I'm a Cingular customer, it doesn't say "AT&T" at the top of my phone. I hope this is not a big deal, I hope not to get charged or whatever. We'll see what happens. Also it says that I have < 1 bar of coverage, however I'm in my room where it has little reception, so I'll keep you guys updated on that.

Update: Bah, I can't even place a call. Maybe I shouldn't have checked the "activate" box, but my mail works! =( I bet this method would work for people who are not on AT&T/Cingular.
    Ok.... Nevermind. I can't help anybody today. Just re did it, without checking the activaition box, and my mail still doesn't work. Blah.

2nd Update
    I found a way to do it, but you have to unlock your phone. My mistake that I did was that I selected "Downgrade bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9FakeBlank"

Before you do this, back up your pictures, contacts, etc. . .

1. Take out sim card

2. With phone in cradle, open iLiberty+, go to the "other tools" tab and click on "enter DFU mode".

3. The phone will have a red background, and I thought the phone froze, but I just closed out of iTunes and iLiberty+, then I disconnected the phone from the cradle. I restarted iTunes and reconnected the phone and iTunes asked me to "Restore and upgrade". Wait until it says "Set up new phone or restore from previous phone.

4. Go to iLiberty+ and select jailbreak, activate, and Youtube fix and click "Go for it!" Note on the Youtube fix, I don't remember if I clicked on it or not, but I think I did. When everything is set up, put back in the Sim Card.

5. Go to the "Advanced Tab" on iLiberty+, went to the bottom tab and clicked "Available On Repo", then scrolled down and clicked "Boot neuter". I also selected the "installer" app. However there was an error when I downloaded the installer app, it says that it couldn't rewrite the file to installer.zip. What I did was that I went to windows explorer, and went to the iLibety+ directory, went to the "Payload" folder, and deleted the installer.zip file. I tried to install the installer app again and it worked.

6. My current bootloader was 3.6. I went to the bootneuter application and I checked 4.6, neuter, and the unlocked option. Tap "Flash it!"

7. It takes between 3-4 minutes to complete the process, after when it's completed, turn on Airplane mode and turn it off.

8. Now you have service and the Yahoo Mail works! But if I have to take my phone to the Apple Store for anything, I would go to the bootneuter and lock it, then restore my phone factory settings. The reason why is because I think if you change your bootloader and if you unlock your phone it's permanent and I think the Apple employees would detect it and they would not service your phone.

I hope this helps everybody.

~Michael
    Last edited by mfong; 2008-05-16 at 11:15 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcRaIqrAK14]YouTube - Email mail fix for 1.1.4 iphone/iPod Touch jailbreak[/ame]

heres your fix