Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Iphone Wont Connect

Default Help Iphone Wont Connect
    Alright,
    So I got given my freinds unlocked iphone. He dosent know much about it
    Here are the problems:

1. Wont connect to computer
    2. When I call people i can hear them, but they can only barley make out waht im saying due to imense static.
    3. When I put headphones in I can get it to make noise throught the 3.5mm jack but only when i play around with the jack peice.

Help would be apperciated please.
    If only someone could show me how to get it to connect to the compture so i could try updating the software.

Oh and i tried doing the cotton bud to clean the ear peice.
    Last edited by Pb2unknown; 2009-04-24 at 11:31 PM.

Put it into dfu mode&try again...

Quote Originally Posted by dejawoo View Post
    Put it into dfu mode&try again...
    what?
    What is dfu mode.. and how do i do this..
    yea noob i know.

Anyone help please?
    Last edited by Pb2unknown; 2009-04-25 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you want to update your fw,1st put it into dfu(Turn off your phone, hold Power and Home as the grey apple logo comes up,release the power button,but keep holding the home button and wait for iTunes to detect your phone in recovery mode).This mode means device firmware upgrade.
    Then hold down shift to restore your fw on windows or build a custom fw with quickpwn to update it(jailbreak&unlock-if you need)...

I assume this is a 2G iPhone? If so you will need to jailbreak and unlock again.
    If it is a 3G iPhone do NOT update to FW 2.21
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.