Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to forget "An iPhone has been previously synced..." ?

Default How to forget "An iPhone has been previously synced..." ?
    This kind of relates to the other "No Service on 3G" thread underway elsewhere in this forum, but I thought it sufficiently different to warrant a separate post.

When I first got my original 3G, way back when... the setup process used iTunes and took me through creating an Apple ID, activating the phone & configuring sync. How do I get back to that state? i.e; where the Mac (or PC) doesn't think it has ever seen any iPhone(s) before?

Basically as noted I'm still trying to solve this "No Service" & inability to activate problem (even with a known-good SIM that activates another 3G iPhone) and wondered about going back to basics. I've binned my entire iTunes folder and followed the iClarified instructions used for downgrading iTunes (throwing away mobile device framework, preferences etc.) just to be thorough.

Yet no matter what I try whenever I reinstall iTunes and connect a phone it still knows that "An iPhone has been previously synced with this computer..." and gives me the option of restoring form backup or setting up a new phone.

I'd like to get the Mac / PC to FORGET IT EVER SAW an iPhone! Perhaps that might help in this weird No-Service & failure to activate issue, who knows. Got to be worth trying - does anyone know where iTunes keeps a record of the fact that it has previously seen an iPhone?

Thanks,

Steve

This will very much depend on your Operating System, for Windows you can try creating a new User Account and logging into that, opening iTunes and Synching your iPhone? If that fails post back your OS and I will try to explain all the areas iTunes hides data (for Windows it is different between XP and Vista)
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac