Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No service, even with a SIM I know works in an iphone

Default No service, even with a SIM I know works in an iphone
    Having struggled with jailbreak quickpwn and everything else i can find on the net to get this phone unlocked to orange i finally gave up and rest it so i could sell it.

Totally rebooted and restored it with the latest firmware and baseband but it won't work with a known to work O2 sim. says no service.

If i pick airplane mode on then off and wait still no service. If i go into network and pick O2 off the list is says it's restricted. (I got this far with yellowsn0w and my orange SIM also).

Am I missing something or is the phone faulty?

I've got a similar thing and from looking around I don't think we're alone. I've found a number of "Try this...." tutorials but nothing has worked yet for me.

Does anyone have a sure-fire set of instructions to successfully activate through iTunes without downloading 2.2.1?

I'm UK based and have an O2 (UK) SIM which activates & operates fine in my personal 8GB 3G, however I'm trying to activate another 3G phone and all I get is "Waiting for activation" on the LCD and "No Service" in the status bar. The phone can see O2 and a number of other cellular networks (Settings > Carrier) yet cannot connect to O2, presumably until the phone is activated.

I've installed v2.2 via Alt + Restore in iTunes (phone in DFU AND also in Reovery) to retain the 02.28.00 BB. Haven't got as far as trying QuickPWN to jailbreak yet - I'd be happy (very happy) just to get the phone activated & showing service.

Anyone have any tips for this please?

Cheers,

Steve

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I don't know anything about this, but I know yell0wsnow is used for unlocking, have you tried that?

Thanks

Have any of you guys tried the custom firmware in this forum?

I'll give anything a try - do you have a link to any specific firmware?

Thanks,

Steve