Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone excessively warm and loses battery after quickpwn

Default iPhone excessively warm and loses battery after quickpwn
    Hi all,

Yesterday randomly (after months of working perfectly) my phone would get super hot and the battery would drain super fast. I restored after it finally died completely.

After i quickpwned it again the same even happened where it would get super hot and drain. It fixed it self after a little while but now its happening agian.

its a 3g on ATT.

Any thoughts?

1st,run the battery completely to empty and recharge it to 100%.
    Also,if iPhone battery drains quickly and the phone is warm,it means the CPU is active.Some 3rd party apps don't sleep with the phone when the screen goes blank.When the iphone loses its connection to the 3G or WiFi or cellular it keeps trying to establish the connection over and over which runs the battery down.

Is there a program to tell what apps are running the background and able to kill them?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Sysinfo
    SYSINFO is very detailed and gives even more info than MEMSTAT.

I've been having this same problem since jailbreaked... something is running down the battery at a pace of 50% in 6hours (sometimes even FASTER), in standby/sleep mode! With usage, the power goes down considerably faster. I'm gonna restore again, and skip the jailbreak for a while to see the result.
    What bothers me is that some jailbreaked phones do it, but others don't...like my friend's phone... :-(
    Last edited by appelkie; 2009-04-21 at 10:33 AM.

did you find that sysinfo told you anything that was running out of the ordinary?

I had this problem with my previous 1st gen iphone. In the end the phone just died. I sent the phone in for repair but they couldn't fix the issue, I even went as far as replacing the battery.

It seems so stange to me because it goes on and off. I think doing a hard reboot works well though. I'm not tempting fate to take it to an apple store and they tell me im screwed cause i JB it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm not too sure, as I don't know which processes should run or not....I'd like to find out though if you hear something?

My iphone had v2.02 and battery use to last 8 hours. Now after upgrading to 3.0 and jailbreak it drains in less than 4 hours. not sure what to do?

For what's it's worth, my OS 3.0 iPhone 2G is having the exact same problem.

Restored from the Jailbroken restore file. no drain. I just ran Cydia and got he upgraded bits, but haven't installed a thing, will see if it's just Cydia or what.

Definitely frustrating, all I really want is battery % (cuz I'm that anal about my battery, LOL) and QIK.

everything else I can live without.

Quote Originally Posted by jwilker View Post
    For what's it's worth, my OS 3.0 iPhone 2G is having the exact same problem.

Restored from the Jailbroken restore file. no drain. I just ran Cydia and got he upgraded bits, but haven't installed a thing, will see if it's just Cydia or what.

Definitely frustrating, all I really want is battery % (cuz I'm that anal about my battery, LOL) and QIK.

everything else I can live without.

I've got the same problem. I also tried restoring and jailbroking the phone again. It runs smoothly and no battery drain. But right after I downloaded some apps, the battery drains quicker than before. It's like im loosing 3% every 5 minutes with the phone on standby mode, wifi and bluetooth off, i even checked the running apps on the sbsettings and only the phone is on.

Help anyone?

I've had the same problem tried power down, recharge, reset all, the only solution that worked for me was restoring the phone to 3.0 download 3.0 and hold down shift key at restore and pick 3.0 in windows, then jailbreak and unlock again using redsnow, seemed to solve the problem.