Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking an iPhone 3G, version 2.2.1 (5H11), using Windows

Default Jailbreaking an iPhone 3G, version 2.2.1 (5H11), using Windows
    Hello,

I'm new to Jailbreaking and I was thinking of doing it to my iPhone. I tried looking around for a tutorial to guide me through it, but they all seem to be for Macs, and if they aren't, then they're for an older version than what I have (2.1 or 2.0). Does anyone know if it is possible to jailbreak my phone, and if so, could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

D

On WinPC all you need is a program called "Quickpwn" (google it, get the newest version for 2.2.1)...install, run and follow the instructions. Its pretty straight forward and easy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

deadeye0909 (2009-04-21)

Thanks. I'll give that a shot.

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

It's very easy, and we're all here to help.
    Just ask ......

Default .........crap.....
    Ok, one last question. How do I undo it? I followed the instructions and everything seemed to be working fine, but my phone wouldn't boot up. It just sat there at the apple logo. It would vibrate, then restart every once an a while. I thought it still might be doing something. After about 40 minutes, I figured it was pooched.

I was able to turn it off, but when I try to turn it on, again, I just get the apple logo and it does nothing. No vibrate, no restart.

How can I restore my phone when it won't even boot up to restore it with iTunes?? I'm freakin' out! I changed my mind! I don't wanna jailbreak anymore!! Wahhhh!!

D

Ok, after doing some searching, I found the iPhone sequence to go into "DFU" mode. I'll leave this here in case someone needs a solution and stumbles upon this thread. But for now, I've got some restoring to do. Guessin' jailbreaking just wasn't meant for me.

D

1. Connect your iPhone/iTouch on the USB cable.
    2. Leave iTunes opened.
    3. With your unit turned ON, press and HOLD the power button for 5 seconds.
    4. After counting to 5, KEEP power button pressed AND press and HOLD the *Square* button for another 10 seconds (so now you have both power and square buttons pressed) - note: it's another 10 seconds, so you start over counting.
    5. After counting to 10, let it go on power button, but keep square button pressed as long as it takes until you see that iTunes recognized your unit and starts the recovery.
    Last edited by deadeye0909; 2009-04-21 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost