Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: picked up another 3g

Default picked up another 3g
    got another 3g for the wifey went unlock and jailbreak (were on tmobile) jailbroke fine with cydia went to unlock and found out its on baseband 02.30.03 is there any way i can get this thing going on fw2.2 untill they come out with a new unlock method for 2.30.03?

If you'd search you would find a huge thread about downgrading the baseband, wont work for everyone, but its a chance. Dont have it off hand so you'll have to look around for it. It was in the news section though.

yea i seen the thread but i dont know anything about ssh so i guess im SOL uhu

If you bought it new and it came with 02.30.03 there is zero chance you have the 5.08 bootloader, which is required for the current downgrade process to work. Sorry but it looks like you're out of luck for the time being.

i guess she will still be using her G1 until baseband 02.30.03 is unlockable. for now its a paperweight

Quote Originally Posted by sotexcustomz View Post
    yea i seen the thread but i dont know anything about ssh so i guess im SOL uhu
    Sounds like its time to learn. Using SSH protocol to access the phone is easy.

1. In Cydia there is a package called "OpenSSH" which must be installed on the phone.

2. You need a PC client, if your on WinPC a good one is "WinSCP" which is a free download (google it).

Now, basically all you have to do is have your iphone on WIFI and plugged into the PC, enter the IP Address of the iphone into WinSCP along with this:

Username: Root
    Password: Alpine

And it'll log you in. Once in, it will show you the file system of the iphone and allow you to upload/download/edit/modify files in it.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Sounds like its time to learn. Using SSH protocol to access the phone is easy.

1. In Cydia there is a package called "OpenSSH" which must be installed on the phone.

2. You need a PC client, if your on WinPC a good one is "WinSCP" which is a free download (google it).

Now, basically all you have to do is have your iphone on WIFI and plugged into the PC, enter the IP Address of the iphone into WinSCP along with this:

Username: Root
    Password: Alpine

And it'll log you in. Once in, it will show you the file system of the iphone and allow you to upload/download/edit/modify files in it.
    will this let me in to find out what bootloader it has?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Untaken View Post
    If you bought it new and it came with 02.30.03 there is zero chance you have the 5.08 bootloader, which is required for the current downgrade process to work. Sorry but it looks like you're out of luck for the time being.
    He is right. You must have the 5.08 bootloader and if you just bought it then you do not have the 5.08 bootloader.

^If he bought it new....he stated they are on Tmobile So is it new?

Quote Originally Posted by sotexcustomz View Post
    will this let me in to find out what bootloader it has?
    Not a single clue, I have never looked at that process since Im ATT.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-04-20 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i got it used from the att buyer they only paid first bill then sold it so it probably is the latest and greatest att has to offer looks like ill just have to wait

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^If he bought it new....he stated they are on Tmobile So is it new?

Not a single clue, I have never looked at that process since Im ATT.
    You are right, missed that. He should look to see what he has just in case.