Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: bloody ziphone

Default bloody ziphone
    Hi all,

newbie here!

Looking into jailbreaking my iphone 3g 2.1, i foolishly followed ziphone's "jailbreak in 1 min" youtube instructions.... and here I am 3 hours later after having to restore the thing twice as it kept leaving me in recovery mode.

So I had to restore with 2.2 as it was the only option.

Now, looking at qwickpwn, the site seems to contradict itself, either that or i'm reading wrong. So....

Can I actually break this phone or not?.... without breaking it of course lol

cheers

ZiPhone sucks and is for firmwares 1.1.4 and lower
    Try this guide for jailbreaking 2.2 http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...ailbroken.html

wow... thanks for the speedy response!

does this cover 2.2.1 by any chance?
    Last edited by controversialone; 2009-04-19 at 04:12 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

It should be the same. I saw you had a 3G age you might want to consider just staying with 2.2 in case you want to unlock it later.

how do you mean 3Gage? I have a 3G fully legit contract with 02 in the uk..... reading through the above guide, i'm having serious doubts if this is worth it or not.

I really need mobile laptop 3g access... how long is it till iphone v3?

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

I meant "3G and". I was in a hurry on my iPhone. If you keep it on a firmware that has a baseband that can be unlocked it could lead to a higher resale value if you ever want to sell it.

Not particualy savvy on the ole jailbreaking so best do my research. I'm never gonna sell the phone and I don't need to unlock it, all I wanna do is get the handset running as a modem for my laptop.
    I've downloaded quickpwn but have been so confused by everyone elses confusion I'm scared to use it. I'm running osx 10.4 on a PowerBook G4 with a fresh version of 2.2.1 on my phone

No worries then. Search for quickpwn 2.2.5 that's the tool used with firmware 2.2.1

Default Hip Hip....
    ...Horay!
    I am now connected via PDAnet!!! It's even quicker (and a hell of a lot cheaper) than my Orange Mobile 3g dongle. Doesn't seem very stable though... seem to be doing a lot of refreshing.

Thanks for all your help guys!

NOTE TO ALL o2 3G USERS:
    The above info is a winner! Just follow the instructions these guys laid out for me.

All the best