Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone died after trying to Downgrade from 3.0 Beta to 2.2.1 <<HELP>>

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question Phone died after trying to Downgrade from 3.0 Beta to 2.2.1 <<HELP>>
    Hello All! I hope there is someone who can help me out here. I am new so please go easy on me

I purchased a 2G 16gb iPhone that was running 3.0 beta (I got the phone from a developer). I wanted to unlock the phone and since there seems to be no unlocking software for this version I attempted to downgrade to the 2.2.1 version (which I downloaded) using iTunes 8.0.

After iTunes attempted to restore the phone I got the dreaded Error 1604. I then read where I needed to put the phone into recovery mode and have iTunes recover it. Again, i got the Error 1604. For about 2 hours my phone kept booting/rebooting showing the USB cord and iTunes logo. I finally held down the sleep/wake and Home keys and now the screen is solid black.

What do I do to get this phone back to operational? I have tried multiple USB slots. I am running iTunes on a Vista machine. I verified that I downloaded the right firmware for my phone.

Thanks so much.

Anne

1 thread is sufficient, more than that is spamming.