Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Signal Loss with yellowsn0w

Exclamation Signal Loss with yellowsn0w
    Hey all,

Here's my issue:
    I am currently using
    iPhone 3g
    fw: 2.2.1
    bb: 2.28.00
    carrier: T-Mobile

I have done everything (Quickpwn, yellowsn0w, etc.)and when I reboot via BossPrefs I get service for 30 secs-3min then signal goes from 5 bars down to "No Service"

I have used airplane mode, reboot method, take sim out/put back in. With each method same result...sservice for a short time then no service.

I have made calls and recieved calls during the brief times in service also sent texts and tested EDGE with Wi-Fi turned off. Everything worked but then I lose service.

I have searched high and low for any info but I only come across signal loss via SIM unlock and I have used software unlock.
    I did find some posts where people had to get their iphones replaced. However I bought mine on craigslist and do not know if there is still warranty or if I can get replacement without having AT&T.

Has anyone else had this issue or know of anything at all I can do to retain service.

Thank you in advance.
    Ray

Default ok...
    ok so I found out my phone has been replaced previously which means I don't have a warranty anymore. It could also mean that this phone has signal issues which is why it needed to be replaced....any thoughts?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Make sure your 3G toggle remains off at all times. Have you tried to restore to 2.2 and then rejailbreak and unlock?

Thanks for responding. 3g is turned off and I recently restored and unlocked again. I actually kept service for a lot longer than before but after awhile it was back to picking up and dropping signal.

Edit: When I restored it I went back to firmware 2.2.
    Last edited by RayDog4372; 2009-04-21 at 07:51 PM. Reason: additional info