Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock Iphone 3G

Unhappy Unlock Iphone 3G
    Hi, need advice, having new iPhone 3G but due to limited apps - which i m looking such as ibluetooth, if I were to jailbreak it or ziphone my iphone, would it possible to get it restore at some point in time?
    thanks in advance

If im reading your post right, your asking if you can restore a jailbroken iphone? If so, the answer is yes.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

bimmer09 (2009-04-17)

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

cpjr? is that you? i couldn't tell over the help instead of the flaming for the wrong section....

Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    cpjr? is that you? i couldn't tell over the help instead of the flaming for the wrong section....
    Oh, good eye. **clears throat**
    POST TO CORRECT FORUM!
    MOVED.

Now I ve decided to jailbreak my new iphone 3g 2.2.1, so which quickpwn version should i use to do so and other precautions..just in case. It's locked now to 02.
    -bimmer09

You can always revert back ( dont update the baseband though)
    iPhone 3G 2.2.1 with updated baseband. No signature spam or links.... please

Quote Originally Posted by bimmer09 View Post
    Now I ve decided to jailbreak my new iphone 3g 2.2.1, so which quickpwn version should i use to do so and other precautions..just in case. It's locked now to 02.
    -bimmer09
    quickpwn 2.2.5-2 is the version for FW 2.21 but obviously you will not be able to unlock if you have updated your BB to 2.30.03
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks for all repsonses, finally managed to jailbreak my iphone more than 4 times. Trying after trying....Just to share, first used Quickpwn - failed & Ziphone...hanged!....restored many times...then used again Quickpwn then it worked. Guessed the installer and cydia is the latest version. So trying to get used of it.

You tried ziphone on a 3G?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Default Unlock Iphone 3G
    Yes...after studying all kind of method thru youtube and others

It's amazing what rubbish you can find on youtube, isn't it?

Yes u r rite, but people like myslef tends to believe it after seeing many times & from others...ha ha

Anyway, expensive experience afraid that will damage my lovely new iphone.

Thanks

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/ilibert...e-ziphone.html
    is a good place to start, but it had gone out of favour before the 3G was released, I didn't even think it could be used on the 3G!

Really!! no wonder it responded strangely u know...not responding to what quickpwn messages on the screen....i thought at first 02 must have locked somewhere in the hardware or so...