Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any help would be greatly appreciated

Unhappy Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Trying to make it short:
    I bought an iphone for my a long distance girlfriend (now ex) a while back and she was using it for a while, until the day she threw it back at me. I caught her cheating and we broke up. She was over my place to pick up her belonging and of course, temper flared from both sides and consequently, she threw the phone at me while saying "this **** is old anyway"....
    So now:
    1. The phone is in decent shape because it has been in a case
    2. I could turn on and off but don't have the pass code to get in the phone. I could not contact her anymore and the her sims was deactivated.
    3. I got no manual, cable, charger, nothing but the phone itself.
    4. What can I do to get in the phone and at least unlock and use the damn thing. My younger sister could use a phone!
    5. I don't know anything about iphone because I am fine with an old motorola Raz.
    6. Is there something I could do to use the phone or give it away to my sister given I can buy the charger and etc? Is there an unlock/jailbreak 101 for PC user I can learn? The phone is a 4gb, older generation Iphone. I did try to google it but overwhelmed with information from forums to youtube, and really don't know where to begin.
    Again, any help would be appreciated, laugh if you must.
    Thanks,
    Ryan
    Last edited by RyanMoore; 2009-04-15 at 09:51 AM.

A normal cable used for any iPod would work, if anything go to an Apple store or buy one online. The cable that plugs into the PC is the charger.

You could just put the phone into DFU Mode (How To: Enter DFU Restore Mode - ModMyi - Wiki) and restore it in iTunes.

From there set it up as a new phone and do whatever you want with it.

This is an unlock tutorial with all the links provided inside of it. The links are in bold: iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)

BTW sucks about the back-story for it.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

3. The Following User Says Thank You to NeoNightmareX For This Useful Post:

RyanMoore (2009-04-15)

Thank you NeoNightmareX! I will follow you direction. Again, greatly appreciated!