Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Needed To Be Activated Two Mornings in A Row?

Default iPhone Needed To Be Activated Two Mornings in A Row?
    I got my iPhone almost 2 weeks ago now.

I temporarily leave 3G and Edge off to save battery life.

Is there some particular reason that my iPhone has needed to be activated the first time I turn it on in the morning for the past two days?

I haven't used EDGE or 3G in the past two days at least, according to my usage page the data is at 0 since i cleared it last 4 days ago.

Thats the only thing I can think of. Yes, I am still paying $30 a month for data. No, I will not discuss how I turned off the EDGE feature.

Any suggestions?

I heard that it is a side effect of jailbreaking...

I had an iPhone 2G without a data plan and never had anything like that.

Does that only occur on the 3G or is it occurring because I am partially legal this time and partially not. (Paying for data but jailbroken?)

If I were to drop the data plan somehow would that still occur?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Sounds like you need to do a full restore and then re jailbreak. Since you are a valid subscriber let iTunes activate the phone first.. then run Quickpwn 2.2-5 to jailbreak. The issue you are having is not common or normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Sounds like you need to do a full restore and then re jailbreak. Since you are a valid subscriber let iTunes activate the phone first.. then run Quickpwn 2.2-5 to jailbreak. The issue you are having is not common or normal.
    Thats what I did originally. Within about 2 days of getting the phone new from ATT I used quick pwn to jailbreak. It was originally activated in store before I was able to leave the store.

Anyone?

Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by grandmasboy; 2009-04-15 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost