Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgraded to 3.0. new icon in menu bar?

Thanks

Question upgraded to 3.0. new icon in menu bar?
    hi, i just upgraded to 3.0. im on a dev account. everything works fine, but there is a new icon in my menu bar. it looks like a phone with an arrow pointing right next to it. (see picture). its between AT&T and the 3G/Wifi icon. Anyone know what it is or how to get rid of it?

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

that be a call divert icon. u got a message on ur voicemail.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

I believe its the call forwarding icon. Go to settings > Phone > Call Forwarding and maybe you can turn it off. I switched sim cards with a friend of mine so they could send a few text messages, and i had her sim in my phone and my sim in her phone and we both randomly got call forwarding icons, but they went away after we put our sims back it went away... its weird. =/

Thanks

i had originally thought it was call forwarding as well. but i checked in the settings and forwarding is definately off. ive done a ton of test calls as well and they all go to my iphone.

apple told me it is the new icon that shows i am mms capable. i do not believe that at all becuase first, what was the original icon for standard text messaging then? there was none. and secondly, mms is not enabled yet in 3.0.

any other ideas?

MMS? I don't know about that either. Doesn't add up. I was looking at screenshots of 3.0 a while back before I had it installed and it and a few of them had the icon. On my phone though when I enable call forwarding it gives me that icon. Seems weird how it would just randomly appear for you though...

Thanks

heres an update:

it turns out it is call forwarding. dont know why it randomly appeared when my calls weren't being forwarded but i got rid of it by simply turning forwarding on and then turning it off again.

i tried once just turning it on and not entering a number and it didnt work. so you have to actually put in a valid telephone number to forward calls to, then exit settings, and reenter and then turn it it off again.

Hmm... Atleast we know what it was and its gone now though