Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick question about 3.0

Default Quick question about 3.0
    I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to iPhone modding and jailbreaking etc, but i have a jailbroken iPhone on firmware 2.2.1 and with 3.0 coming out soon with all the features we should have got long ago, I know that someone has managed to jailbreak 3.0 already but how would i go about upgrading to 3.0 and then jailbreaking it without killing my iPhone, and also is there anyway to back up my third party apps?
    sorry if this question has been asked before,
    thanks in advance

My advise is to wait until it has been released and jailbroken properly by the Dev Team rather than some dodgy hacker.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

ok thanks has Dev Team made any progress on jailbreaking it or not?

The Dev team won't release a jailbrake until 3.0 is final.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

There is a jailbreak out but its not as easy to use as the 2.2.1 since its new and a lot of apps need to be rewritten so its best to wait till 3.0 is out fully to the public.

I personally have dealt with not having SBSettings and some other jailbroken apps for the pure point to have the features that 3.0 has built in like copy and paste and landscape messaging and email.

its really up to you. There is a thread out there that has all the apps that work and dont work and some guides on how to do it if you decide to give it a shot

There is a jailbreak out but its not as easy to use as the 2.2.1 since its new and a lot of apps need to be rewritten so its best to wait till 3.0 is out fully to the public.

I personally have dealt with not having SBSettings and some other jailbroken apps for the pure point to have the features that 3.0 has built in like copy and paste and landscape messaging and email.

its really up to you. There is a thread out there that has all the apps that work and dont work and some guides on how to do it if you decide to give it a shot
    Last edited by boxxa; 2009-04-14 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost