Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error Sending Message

Anything below firmware 3.0 will not support MMS. (Except if you have a jailbroken phone with Swirly MMS on it)
    Also if you don't have a data plan you will rack up $$$$$$$ in costs because the iphone constantly connects data without any programs open.
    I put my kids sim in my iphone once for a minute or so and had over $2.00 worth of data without even doing anything.

Also,
    if you upgrade to 3.0 you will loose your unlock.

Smitty

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

This isnt news worthy. wrong section

My iphone is 2.2.2 I think or is it 2.2.1
    I have the data plan unlimited. Do you know how to fix it so I can get text message to reply to them?

If your on an iphone data plan you probably will not get Att to enable it on your account. MMS is a totally different provision on your account and ATT is instructed to NOT enable it for an iphone.
    Even if you could get them to do it, you will have to jailbreak your phone to put on swirly MMS.

I would suggest you read alot around this forum and see what has to be done since you do not seem to know too much about it.

Smitty

Does anyone know how to get my text message to work? I cant send out text message at all. My phone is jailbroken. I use it for tmobile. Everytime I write a text message this Error message comes up. Error message cant send. Please help.

Thanks

Okay, since no one else seems to understand you're talking about receiving texts, I'll try to help you out...

Either 1) your permissions could be wrong; you need to fix them on "SMS.app" or whatever it's called to either 0777 or 0755 or 2) you need to talk to T-Mobile and make sure you have them enabled and its not a problem on their end.
    Respect your elders.

O ok. Thanks. I will give them a call. I hope this works. Its a great phone, I just dont want to have anymore problems with it. I will get back to you.

What do I do with these numbers 0777 or 0755 ?? Do i use one of these number and call it then it will reset my text message setting? Sorry I have no clue about this kind of phone. Trying to learn about it.
    Last edited by sunshine4ever33; 2009-04-14 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

^No, those are the permissions of each of the applications. To change those, you would need to SSH into the phone and do it manually. MMi has a guide for SSH under the guides section I believe if you need to do that.
    Respect your elders.

What is the SSH? I don't understand what u are saying. Well you be on tonight? Will you walk me threw this.

Thanks

SSH on Windows - ModMyi - Wiki

This is how to do it, permission changing is part of this. Talk to T-Mobile first though before trying anything that's over your head.
    Respect your elders.

Do I have to tell them I have unlocked apple iphone? Or just say I have a 3g network phone.

Thanks

I guess tell them if they ask, it shouldn't matter though... Since you are jailbroken, I'm guessing it's going to be your permissions that are wrong, but there's no real harm in talking to them first to make sure.
    Respect your elders.

I spoke to them. I didnt say no word about the iphone. This lady told me I had one lolol. I need to call them back to get the setting right with tmboile. I hope this works. I will keep you posted thanks again.