Results 1 to 10 of 10

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Big Problem Upgraded to os 3.0 now stuck

  1. #1
    Default Big Problem Upgraded to os 3.0 now stuck
    Hi,
    I was using iphone 3g, bought from someone on pay as you go and was working fine on my o2 sim card in uk. My iphone was on charge with usb cable attached and itune was running and itune asked me to upgrade itune software to 8.1 i did that while my phone was connected and i saw i lost the reseption it was saying no signal. Then someone told me we can upgared to 3.0 and can jailbreak as well so i did that and phone is jailbroken but with not signal and baseband is also upgraded to 04.20 something. then i downgraded my iphone to 2.2.1 again and tried to activatete it using itune putting my o2 sim card in. NOw i can get in to phone's menu but it's stuck on waiting for activation any help appreciated
    BR Sherry

  2. #2
    read the first post in the big thread on jailbeaking 3.0
    you need to untick activate when you quickpwn, then use iUtility to change the phone to 2.1, then you can activate the phone with itunes and you will have signal.

    Then you can use iUtility to change back to 3.0 and restore your backup on the phone.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by fueltank View Post
    read the first post in the big thread on jailbeaking 3.0
    you need to untick activate when you quickpwn, then use iUtility to change the phone to 2.1, then you can activate the phone with itunes and you will have signal.

    Then you can use iUtility to change back to 3.0 and restore your backup on the phone.
    i didnt really understadn what do u mean need to untick activate as its iphone 3g and there is no option to activate. and what is iutility and from where can we get it, is it usable in iphone or pc and are u saying me to downgrade it to 2.1 or 2.2.1 sorry but i am really worried as i want to use my phone but by mistake i've upgraded it thanks
    br sherry

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Niner1000RR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Boca Raton, Florida
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 28 Times in 27 Posts

    If your phone isn't registered on a developers account you can't use 3.0. That is probably your issue.

    But, 3.0 isn't on iTunes, you would have had to manual update it (shift+restore) and have downloaded the 3.0 IPSW.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
    If your phone isn't registered on a developers account you can't use 3.0. That is probably your issue.

    But, 3.0 isn't on iTunes, you would have had to manual update it (shift+restore) and have downloaded the 3.0 IPSW.
    thanks for your reply can u please suggest any link from where i can buy developer access account as i know one site but they are asking for 15 which is a bit expensive as u can buy 99$ for 99 accounts any web or link and if i upgrade it to 3.0 then will i be able to activate or get signals using itune thanks again
    br

  6. #6
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Jarrow, UK
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default Firmware 3.0
    You can try Ebay for an account, but if you really dont want firmware 3.0 you can downgrade your firmware to what ever you like but the baseband will remain at the new level. Though if it is a UK phone and you are using an O2 sim then there shouldn't really be a problem.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by clincoln View Post
    You can try Ebay for an account, but if you really dont want firmware 3.0 you can downgrade your firmware to what ever you like but the baseband will remain at the new level. Though if it is a UK phone and you are using an O2 sim then there shouldn't really be a problem.
    yes the phone is from uk and i am using an o2 uk but i dint buy the phone from o2 it was from some shope but i know its pay as you go as i've been using this phone using itune to activate it with my own sim which dint come with the phone and with 2.2.1. But the phone's software now is 2.2.1 and basebend is 04.22.01 and phone stuck on waiting for activation thanks
    br

  8. #8
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,474
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

    PM Boxxa he will hook you up. Just tell him stealth sent ya. He charges 6 dollars.

  9. #9
    Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On the open sea
    Posts
    1,326
    Thanks
    597
    Thanked 221 Times in 155 Posts

    Boxxa is a good guy he hooked me right up with it. I'm loving 3.0 on my 3G

    most deff worth $6 US

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by faisal_sherry View Post
    i didnt really understadn what do u mean need to untick activate as its iphone 3g and there is no option to activate. and what is iutility and from where can we get it, is it usable in iphone or pc and are u saying me to downgrade it to 2.1 or 2.2.1 sorry but i am really worried as i want to use my phone but by mistake i've upgraded it thanks
    br sherry
    Sorry I mean when you use quickpwn you can uncheck the activate.
    You'll need itulitiy and set the phone fw to 2.1 and then itunes will activate the phone for you. Then you can go back and change the fw back to 3.0.

    That is how I did it as I initially had the same problem as you with a working phone but no carrier signal

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •