Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any free ringtone software from Cydia

Default Any free ringtone software from Cydia
    Hi,

My first generation iphone is jailbreak with 2.0.1. I was wondering if there is any free ringtone software from Cydia?
    I want to transfer my mp3 songs from my desktop to be iphone ringtone.

Thanks.
    Mugen

you can take any song tht was bought someplace other than itunes (or stolen) and put it in itunes figure out exactly where you want the start and end times to be (30sec) and when you figure it out simpily right click the song and get info or in windows properties then under options tab check both start and endtime and punch in the #s u want for times and then close that, then drag that song out of itunes onto your desktop and change the file extension to m4r

other than that the ringtone software is paid only

Actually, the program I use is "iRinger" for PC......its free and makes your ringtone and automatically puts it in itunes under "ringtones" for you. Works very well.

I tried it with similar procedure. What I did was changing the extension to m4r and it showed up in ringtone under iTunes library. However, when I sync the iphone it gave me an window message saying something like "cannot move or copy the song from library to iphone. It never show up under iphone ringtone.

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    you can take any song tht was bought someplace other than itunes (or stolen) and put it in itunes figure out exactly where you want the start and end times to be (30sec) and when you figure it out simpily right click the song and get info or in windows properties then under options tab check both start and endtime and punch in the #s u want for times and then close that, then drag that song out of itunes onto your desktop and change the file extension to m4r

other than that the ringtone software is paid only