Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Problem..Really need your help

Default iPhone 3G Problem..Really need your help
    Hi experts,

Really need your help on this. Im using a 2.2.1 iPhone 3G and i'm having this problem where i cant seems to switch on my phone. This happen when i charge it overnight. I swicthed on but i was only blank,then as i put in my charger the Apple logo came out fot about 20 seconds and it went blank again. I tried switch on under recovery mood but my iTunes(8.1) cant detect it,so i tried the DFU mode and i manage to get it connected to iTunes. As when i restore,half way there is an error "23". Checked i google and nothing could help ne out. Would really appriciate if any of the experts here could help me out on this.

Thanks guys,

Love ya

Error 23 is not good - but more usually seen on 2G iPhones.
    Try a different USB port and if that doesn't work a different computer.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

R u saying that ur iphone wont power on without the usb, connect?
    If yes i would almost think about the battery... thats how mine behaved when i was trying to recover it... I think at some point in time during the restore the iphone needs its own power for a breif while and when itunes is unable to connect with the phone due to it not having any power it gives an error...
    This is not concrete info but this is what i gathered from my phone..
    After swapping out the battery all was good
    Dnt know why the battery died so soon but,, It works now, so Chk that..
    I just want a hand UP!!! Not a hand out!!!