Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help please. Iphone error!

Default Need help please. Iphone error!
    I have recently tried to jailbreak an iphone that was not successful. The iphone 2g is now stuck on DFU mode and does not turn on any more. I tried using winpwn as I am running windows vista 32 bit. I also tried downgrading my itunes to 7.5/7.7 that did not work. Tried firmwares 1.4, 1.5, 2.0, 2.1 etc. THAT DID NOT WORK AS WELL. Every time i try and restore the phone, it gives me error 1601. Need help please. Holding power, menu does not work. PLease help. Thanks

Please help me. Please
    Last edited by bike_madness; 2009-04-05 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

iTunes and Apple Mobile Device support must be completely removed and then iTunes must be reinstalled...Give it a try.

tried that 5 times, did not work

iPhone? More like MyPhone punklove's Avatar
    Thanks

1-delete the files mentioned by zwayne [but no need to reinstall itunes, that seems excessive to me], 2-reboot machine, 3-then start itunes with phone connected... 4-then let itunes download the software update [2.2.1] and let itunes restore to the itunes/apple factory settings/firmware.... 5- THEN run qwkpwn... 6-then after qwkpwn, you can do a basic restore [not dfu] to the custom firmware you made in winpwn [hold option/ctrl while clicking restore in itunes]

i went through a similar hell yesterday-
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~

thanks, Does not work. any other suggestions? Is it even fixable, Has anyone had this problem. Error 1601?

Thanks

Make sure that you have netframework 3.0 or higher installed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone punklove's Avatar
    Thanks

i've read that holding home and power for 15 seconds will pull it out of dfu... and if that doesnt work, try holding home and power for 30-60 seconds- or until the apple shows up on screen...

?just a suggestion?

if it pulls out of dfu, just do the apple stock firmware restore first- then qwkpwn- then custom firmware restore-
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~

what is netframework 3.0? Why do i need this?

It's actually .netframework and as lots of windows programs use .net all sorts of things won't work without it. Including, it seams, what you are trying to do.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I have net version 3.5. My iphone still does not work. any other suggestions?

Do you have .net 3.0?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

That's what you said before. Now do you want to answer the question I asked?

No, I can;t have 3.0 because i have 3.5, I would have to downgrade

3.5 and 3.0 coexist. Install 3.0

It does not let me install 3.5 because it says I have a newer version. What to do?

OK.
    Having read the whole thread it looks like I might have been wrong(it doesn't happen often but I'm not infallible).

If you had Windows XP with .Net 3.5 you can install .Net 3.0 as wll - if you have Vista or later it comes with .Net3.5 and all previous versions so you don't need to install .Net 3.0

It was my mistake for not asking what OS you had. Sorry for wasting your time.

I don't know much about the 2G but check out [2.0][WinPwn] Can't load custom ISPW, Error 1601 - Hackint0sh

Its ok, Thanks for trying to help me any ways.