Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iPhone useless after iTunes upgrade!

Unhappy Unlocked iPhone useless after iTunes upgrade!
    Hi,

I upgraded my iphone through itunes a couple of days ago. The iPhone has been unlocked for a few months and I know it was stupid but I simply forgot. Anyway, my phone is now basically dead. When I turn it on it tells me to connect to iTunes and iTunes tells med that "The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported...Pleaseinsert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported Carrier's store to receive a replacement SIM card"

I'm not sure which version I have but I bought it October last year if that gives any indication. Also, I bought it in London, so I don't have access to a replacement simcard with the original carrirer. I did try inserting an AT&T sim card instead but I got the same error message...

Can anyone please help me!!!??? I would be extremely grateful, I'm lost without my iPhone right now!

Thanks,

Erik

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The only rule to having an unlocked/jailbroken iPhone is DO NOT UPGRADE OR RESTORE IN iTUNES. Do you have a first generation or an iPhone 3G?

I know! I just wasn't thinking. I have an iPhone 3g...

i also clicked the upgrade by mistake and i have a 2g firmware 3.0, ive re jailbroke and still wrong sim, what can i do?????, i need my iphone and i dont want to switch from t-mobile to [email protected] somebody please help!!

i have the same problem as well, i just posted a new topic as well. [Wednesday, 9:40PM, Pacific time].

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by juice178 View Post
    i also clicked the upgrade by mistake and i have a 2g firmware 3.0, ive re jailbroke and still wrong sim, what can i do?????, i need my iphone and i dont want to switch from t-mobile to [email protected] somebody please help!!
    With a 2g phone you still can downgrade and jailbreak/unlock

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

juice178 (2009-10-02)

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    With a 2g phone you still can downgrade and jailbreak/unlock
    if u dont mind me askin, whats the process of downgrading?, plus ive already reset all settings and re unlocked/jailbroak again, does that matter??