Page 450 of 464 FirstFirst ... 350400440448449450451452460 ... LastLast
Results 8,981 to 9,000 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

purplera1n works well.. but no vm_map patch for the kernel

*memories of 3.0beta"

has anyone tried sbsettings on 3GS yet? we need a new thread for this
    Last edited by pyrotek; 2009-07-03 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone kiwiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried ra1n but it didnt work.
    Now my phone wont restore, keeps coming up with an error 3004.

Apple are telling me 2 send it back, can anyone help?

kiwiPhone

If I helped, don't forget to click thanks

Default iPhone 3GS SSH
    Has anyone gotten SSH to work on the iPhone 3GS? I instaled OpenSSH fro Cydia, and I have been trying for a few hours and cannot get it to work. I get the following error--

I/O Error: Unexpected end of sftp stream.

Unexpected end of sftp stream.

I have been using root and alpine, of course.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barnettebw View Post
    Has anyone gotten SSH to work on the iPhone 3GS? I instaled OpenSSH fro Cydia, and I have been trying for a few hours and cannot get it to work. I get the following error--

I/O Error: Unexpected end of sftp stream.

Unexpected end of sftp stream.

I have been using root and alpine, of course.
    I had the same problem at first, in the connection settings on winscp, change it to SCP instead of sftp, that should fix it
    If I helped you dont be afraid to click thanks

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kjack05 For This Useful Post:

barnettebw (2009-07-04)

Quote Originally Posted by kjack05 View Post
    I had the same problem at first, in the connection settings on winscp, change it to SCP instead of sftp, that should fix it
    Thanks a lot! I typically use cyberduck on a mac, which worked on my 3G. Winscp is working fine, though it does seem that the connection times out rather quickly.

I have a 3Gs and i shot a video about 35 sec long around 4megs and it will not send it via email. I have a strong wifi connection and 3g connection wont send either. I get the error that it couldn't send and it says sending 1 of 1 all the time, it seems stuck and I think it may be draining my battery.

Anyone had trouble sending a 35 sec video via email yet???

Stealth,\

What ipcc are you using on your 3Gs. I have Att 4.0 and would like to get 5.0 so I can run tethering again.

Thanks,

ltp
    Last edited by lovethepirk; 2009-07-04 at 05:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default HELP! 1015 Error
    I'm in real need of some help!

I update to beta 3.1 but found my phone would connect to internet etc via 3G signal.

Decided to go back to ver 3.0 software but first attempt did not work and this is where i still am today. Every time i get a 1015 error. I have tried to restore on more than one machine with different operating systems, last count this morning was the 25the attempt.

Can anyone help!!!!!!

I have attached the script file that iTunes generates when the error occurs

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by clincoln View Post
    I'm in real need of some help!

I update to beta 3.1 but found my phone would connect to internet etc via 3G signal.

Decided to go back to ver 3.0 software but first attempt did not work and this is where i still am today. Every time i get a 1015 error. I have tried to restore on more than one machine with different operating systems, last count this morning was the 25the attempt.

Can anyone help!!!!!!

I have attached the script file that iTunes generates when the error occurs

Cheers
    HYG

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...3-1-3-0-a.html

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zeeshee For This Useful Post:

clincoln (2009-07-07)

My girlfriends telling me she thinks 3.0 is too much for her 2g, she says it's running real slow. Anyone agree or disagree?

Default Question about Dock.app
    I'm trying to use Dock (from Cydia) on my iPhone 3GS for making multitasking more useful, and it seems to work great from Springboard. However, if I try to launch an app from within another app (i.e., launching Messages from within Phone), MobileSubstrate causes Springboard to crash and the phone enters Safe Mode. Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a solution? And I did use PurpleRa1n RC 2, so all kernel patches have been installed.

Quote Originally Posted by lovethepirk View Post
    My girlfriends telling me she thinks 3.0 is too much for her 2g, she says it's running real slow. Anyone agree or disagree?
    Maybe try restoring the firmware. If anything I've found 3.0 to be just as responsive as 2.2.1. Also, I would not restore from the backup, as her phone could have too much stuff on it. I haven't used 3.0 on a 2G iPhone, but I have used it on a 3G. Since the 2G and 3G have the same hardware (RAM, processor, etc.), I wouldn't think it should run any differently. If the phone couldn't run 3.0 well, Apple probably wouldn't have released it for the 2G.
    Last edited by barnettebw; 2009-07-05 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to barnettebw For This Useful Post:

imlboy (2009-07-05)

Well, maybe off topic... Anyone use mAdvLock? I don't use any wacky tracking software/GPS applications but instead this one app has 2 awesome features for Jailbroken phones. 1) If the sim card is removed and anoher one is inserted if the phone was stolen it automatically will text FROM the phone to a predetermined reciever #, I have it to myself so if my phone gets taken it will text me with the thiefs number, even if I don't get it I can go into my account access and use that info from the police report. 2) you can lock with a password jailbroken AND app store applications, pretty bad *** if you want some privacy integrated into the same app.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Welcome to MMI
    First upgrade to iTunes 8.2
    Synch your contacts to Outlook or, if you don't have Outlook, Windows Address Book,
    Copy your pictures off your phone to your PC
    I don't believe there is an easy way of saving your messages.
    Restore your phone to 3.0 in iTunes
    Set up as a new phone
    Run Redsn0w 0.72 selecting Cydia (but not Icy)
    Synch your addresses, apps and photos back from iTunes to your phone.
    You will lose your messages and any jailbroken apps (most of which will be irrelivent once you have 3.0)
    Enjoy.
    Thanks!

I'm now 3.0'd - with all my messages/contacts/notes/photos etc from 1.1.2! Great stuff.

L

Quote Originally Posted by LewisHill View Post
    Thanks!

I'm now 3.0'd - with all my messages/contacts/notes/photos etc from 1.1.2! Great stuff.

L
    Enjoy!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

**EDIT CPJR - Links not allowed bro. But your more than welcome to just post the instructions here.**
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-07-06 at 02:05 AM.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default anyone notice purplera1n RC2A?
    just grabbed the mac tool form purplera1n.com n i also grabbed the windows version n noticed it now sais RC2a, whats the difference?
    what did he add?

Thanks

Is anyone else having issues trying to restore after using purplera1n?

Keep getting errors 3014 or 3004
    Last edited by kiwiphone; 2009-07-06 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

kiwiPhone

Did you use DFU mode?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwiphone View Post
    Is anyone else having issues trying to restore after using purplera1n?

Keep getting errors 3014 or 3004
    I did also, when I jailbroke with rc1 and went to restore with rc2 I got the 3014 error in iTunes, I was using windows 7 and I swiched over to my laptop (vista) and it ran fine, if u don't have another pc maybe try removing iTunes and reinstalling, I no that's allot of work but that worked for me in an earlyer jailbreak with the 3g. Hope that helps

Default Iphone Apprehension
    Guys n Girls

This is my 1st post so forgive me if in wrong forum. Been scanning through and getting more and more confussed....!!

My Question is:

I have just purchased an Iphone 3G from Ebay which is unlocked and currently on Orange, I have been able to install APPS from the installed application and all seems to be fine....

My Apprehension is plugging my Iphone into Itunes on my Windows Vista....?

I keep seeing firmware 3.0 everywhere but my Iphone has Modem Firmware 04.05.04_G Version 3.0 (7A341)

I want upload all my tunes and videos etc..... I understand that I need to turn off the automatic updates from Itunes but what else do I need to consider/do befor plugging in.....?

Thanks in advance for viewing and hopefully posting

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barnettebw View Post
    Did you use DFU mode?
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by lodgechad View Post
    I did also, when I jailbroke with rc1 and went to restore with rc2 I got the 3014 error in iTunes, I was using windows 7 and I swiched over to my laptop (vista) and it ran fine, if u don't have another pc maybe try removing iTunes and reinstalling, I no that's allot of work but that worked for me in an earlyer jailbreak with the 3g. Hope that helps
    Ok, I might give it a go on a XP then as Im using vista & have tried it on another vista but no luck.

Also have tried removing itunes & reinstalling.

Am taking the iPhone back to the shop 2moro or thurs anyway as cancelling my contact as I have 2 (other from 3G) & going to get the 3GS on pay as you & stick my 3G contract sim in it

kiwiPhone

Page 450 of 464 FirstFirst ... 350400440448449450451452460 ... LastLast