Page 442 of 464 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,840 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

w00t! Got it, I've been waiting for this for 2 years

Does anyone know when BACKGROUNDER will be updated for OS 3? This is something I'm really looking for.

I'd love to have my SlingPlayer on VOIPover3G while running it as "Audio only" and having it play in the background while I'm reading my emails, etc.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ultrasnow has been released.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hey guys it Sn0wing

iPhone? More like MyPhone kiwiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

Yay sn0w

I want IM+ with push!
    Last edited by kiwiphone; 2009-06-23 at 12:13 PM.

kiwiPhone

If I helped, don't forget to click thanks

I did the restore method to 3.0 (I have also now re-jailbroken) and I lost all my apps and music. the main problem is though that I now still permanently have 12 blank apps which auto add due to one of the winterboard themes (called clock+weather from memory or something like that). I assume also that the rest of my jailbroken apps have not been properly deleted because i have 1.3 Gb of space on my iphone taken up by 'other'. So i am wondering how i can remove all the stuff such as the blank apps. I have tried to use iphone browser to manually delete the stuff from the previous jailbreak but it crashes each time i plug the iphone in. Would doing a full restore fix this problem? also how others could avoid this would b good. note: I did everything mentioned on this guide as far as i am aware along with enabling and disabling restrictions. any help would be great

I did enter the command in Terminal (without the quotes) but when I try Option + Check for Update in iTunes 8.2 it doesn't allow me to select the downloaded file (TMO_US.bundle) which appears grayed out, and thus non-selectable. I also tried changing its name to TMO_US.bundle.ipcc, or TMO_US.ipcc, to no avail. Any thoughts?
    Thank you.
    Last edited by chanquete; 2009-06-23 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by median View Post
    I did the restore method to 3.0 (I have also now re-jailbroken) and I lost all my apps and music. the main problem is though that I now still permanently have 12 blank apps which auto add due to one of the winterboard themes (called clock+weather from memory or something like that). I assume also that the rest of my jailbroken apps have not been properly deleted because i have 1.3 Gb of space on my iphone taken up by 'other'. So i am wondering how i can remove all the stuff such as the blank apps. I have tried to use iphone browser to manually delete the stuff from the previous jailbreak but it crashes each time i plug the iphone in. Would doing a full restore fix this problem? also how others could avoid this would b good. note: I did everything mentioned on this guide as far as i am aware along with enabling and disabling restrictions. any help would be great
    Did you have the application called "Categories" (from Cydia) installed before you updated to 3.0?

Thanks

Now comes everyone success story threads like : ultrasn0w works confirmed , yay got it working , I'm on tmobile with my phone, and the ones that had trouble....(takes deep breath)

Quote Originally Posted by chanquete View Post
    I did enter the command in Terminal (without the quotes) but when I try Option + Check for Update in iTunes 8.2 it doesn't allow me to select the downloaded file (TMO_US.bundle) which appears grayed out, and thus non-selectable. I also tried changing its name to TMO_US.bundle.ipcc, or TMO_US.ipcc, to no avail. Any thoughts?
    Thank you.
    It's not the right format. You need to but the .bundle in a folder named "Payload", compress that folder, and rename it from .zip to .ipcc, then you can Update with it.

Default Which Jailbreak should I use?
    I have a G2 iPhone and a Mac Mini computer, intel processor. Which program should I use to Jailbreak my iPhone?

I have downloaded all the .ipsw files but the jailbreak programs wont recognize the files. My mac unzips the files on completion of the download. How do I make this work?
    Last edited by kevinsmith84047; 2009-06-23 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsmith84047 View Post
    I have a G2 iPhone and a Mac Mini computer, intel processor. Which program should I use to Jailbreak my iPhone?
    Redsn0w for mac will be quick & easy

kiwiPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone MWillis561's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsmith84047 View Post
    I have downloaded all the .ipsw files but the jailbreak programs wont recognize the files. My mac unzips the files on completion of the download. How do I make this work?
    You need to download with firefox or disable the unzip function on Safari. Safari will automatically decompress the .ipsw file which then makes it not work.
    Last edited by MWillis561; 2009-06-23 at 04:14 PM.

I've enabled the battery percentage however, it only shows up when my screen is lock, when I am on the main page, it is blocked by my alarm icon. The strange thing is on the lockscreen, the alarm icon and percentage both shows up but the moment I unlock my screen the battery percentage disappears. Anyone knows how to tweak this?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doppelgriff For This Useful Post:

cpjr (2009-06-24)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Doppelgriff View Post
    I've enabled the battery percentage however, it only shows up when my screen is lock, when I am on the main page, it is blocked by my alarm icon. The strange thing is on the lockscreen, the alarm icon and percentage both shows up but the moment I unlock my screen the battery percentage disappears. Anyone knows how to tweak this?
    Weird, have you tried a restart?

kiwiPhone

Quote Originally Posted by chanquete View Post
    Thank you.
    Also, try and have itunes not running when you run that command through the terminal. I had that issue before when i had itunes running in the background and ran the command...fixed itself once i quit out of itunes, ran the terminal and BOOM! there it was, able to be selected.

Stealth,

Are you going to start a new thread for the jailbreak of the 3GS?

Also, if the 3GS is JB'ed, would this possibly compromise the integrity of the hardware encryption? All financial firms are discontinuing access of corporate email and networks to iphones unless they have hardware encryption at least close to that of the blackberry.

My concern is that by having a jailbreak for it, it then defeats the purpose of the encryption from a coprorate standpoint. Can you elaborate?

Both redsnOw for Mac and Pwnage crash on my PowerPC. Both appear to be for Intel based Macs only. Is there a version that will work on a PowerPC? My friend has a PC w/Vista I can use. If I jailbreak my 3G iPhone on it, can I still sync it on my PowerPC mac or am I forever linked to the win pc?

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jarednl4 View Post
    Stealth,

Are you going to start a new thread for the jailbreak of the 3GS?

boy lets hope so
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

Quote Originally Posted by garyh99 View Post
    Both redsnOw for Mac and Pwnage crash on my PowerPC. Both appear to be for Intel based Macs only. Is there a version that will work on a PowerPC? My friend has a PC w/Vista I can use. If I jailbreak my 3G iPhone on it, can I still sync it on my PowerPC mac or am I forever linked to the win pc?
    are you trying to use redsn0w 0.7.1?

dev-team released redsn0w 0.7.2 recently that can be ran on a PPC machine

Page 442 of 464 FirstFirst ... 342392432440441442443444452 ... LastLast