Page 441 of 464 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,820 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jarednl4 View Post
    Umm...yeah... That's not exactly what I meant.

I'll ask again:

Do we use the same "Installd" file to put in IPAs into iTunes?

**EDIT CPJR - FAIL, We DO NOT allow discussion of anything cracked/pirated/warez**
    Last edited by cpjr; 2009-06-22 at 10:51 PM.
    "If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, but if you teach a man to fish, you'll feed him for life"

"If you give a man a fire, you warm him for a night, but if you put a man on fire, you'll warm him for life"

Quote Originally Posted by iancallaghan View Post
    Thanks for the response Ian. I understand what you are saying and have found the clock icon I want to replace the existing one with. My question is where in the directory will I find the clock.png?
    I am using the standard theme that comes pre loaded. Thanks in advance. Ian
    Hold up on replacing the icon, there is something weird happening here, I changed to the dark liveclock, resprung, then back to normal and it all is working now!! I can't get it to show two sets of hands now to try and find out what the problem was! I do have all the liveclock options at the top of the list in winterboard although none of them are actually selected at present but I don't know if that makes any difference.
    So have a play with the different liveclock options in winterboard and see what happens.
    As for replacing the icon, I never touch the original stuff, only the themes in the winterboard themes folder in iPhoneBrowser.
    Let me know how you get on.
    Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by jarednl4 View Post
    Umm...yeah... That's not exactly what I meant.

I'll ask again:

Do we use the same "Installd" file to put in IPAs into iTunes?
    And I'll answer.

We dont allow any discussion on anything cracked/warez/pirated.

Dont ask again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Junior2377 View Post
    it has nothing to do with what's on your phone... it's the way your account is provisioned with AT&T.... I am in the same situation. I put another AT&T sim into my 3gs (non-iphone) and mms and video's sent with no problems, as soon as i put my sim back in it didn't work.
    I kno we not allow to post link so I've copy this whole article from Iphonehacks dot com; I've also attach the AT&T.

Hack to Enable MMS on iPhone OS 3.0
    The non-availability of tethering and MMS features in the U.S at the time of the launch of iPhone OS 3.0 was probably the most disappointing news that was announced at the WWDC 2009 Keynote address.

Some folks had figured out a simple hack to enable tethering on iPhone OS 3.0 without the need to jailbreak their iPhone.

In case you didn't know, Aaron Krill over at Krillr.com has also figured out a way to enable MMS on iPhone OS 3.0.

Before you start, you need the following things:

Modified version of ATT_US.ipcc which can be download from this link.
    iPhone running iPhone OS 3.0
    iTunes 8.2
    Another AT&T Phone (not an iPhone)
    You then need to enable IPCC updates for iTunes 8.2 and copy the IPCC file to your iPhone. To achieve this, you need to follow these instructions:

Enabling IPCC Updates for iTunes 8.2:

iTunes 8.2 will not allow you to apply the IPCC updates so you need to follow these steps:

MAC OS X:

1. Close iTunes.
    2. Open Terminal (Applications > Utilities > Terminal).
    3. Run the command: defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE.

Windows 32 Bit:

1. Close iTunes.
    2. Go to Start then Run and type CMD.
    3. Run this command(If you right-click on the cmd window you can paste): “CProgram Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1.

Windows 64 Bit:

1. Close iTunes.
    2. Go to Start then Run and type CMD.
    3. Run this command(If you right-click on the cmd window you can paste): “CProgram Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1.

Copying the IPCC file to your iPhone:

The above steps will allow you to update the IPCC using iTunes 8.2. To copy the IPCC file to your iPhone follow these instructions:

1. Open iTunes & plug in your phone.
    2. Click on your phone in iTunes(under device settings).
    3. Windows Users: hold shift and click “Check for updates”. MAC OS X: hold alt and click “Check for updates”.
    4. Select the IPCC you downloaded earlier.

This is where your other AT&T phone comes in handy. You need to follow these steps to enable MMS on your iPhone:

1. Remove the sim cards from both the iPhone and your non-Apple phone
    2. Place the iPhone sim card into the non-Apple phone
    3. Power on the new phone
    4. Make a phone call or two (your voicemail works)
    5. Log in to your myWireless account at wireless.att.com
    6. It should now say that your device is whatever you put your SIM into. If it doesn't, repeat step 4 a few times.
    7. Go to the "Features" tab
    8. Select a "Messaging Plan", one that isn't an iPhone plan.
    9. Click next and go through all the legal crap
    10. You should now have MMS enabled on your account.
    11. Swap the iPhone sim card back into the iPhone.
    12. Reboot the iPhone.

Note:

AT&T Family Plan users who have a family messaging plan can skip steps 7-11.
    Please don't add an iPhone texting plan back to your account, as it will disable MMS again.
    Aaron has reported that AT&T may be blocking these steps from immediately taking effect so he has adviced users to call AT&T after step 10/11 and before step 12 to complain that MMS isn't working. According to him this should fix the issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, but if you teach a man to fish, you'll feed him for life"

"If you give a man a fire, you warm him for a night, but if you put a man on fire, you'll warm him for life"

Default LiveClock
    If you are using LiveClock and find the LiveClock Dark icon too dark to see the numbers then please replace the icon with the one attached here, I have basically made it nice and clear.
    To replace the dark icon with my brighter one go to iPhoneBrowser, select "Goto Location" - Winterboard themes, LiveClock Dark theme/ Bundles/ com.apple.springboard, Drag my new LiveClock.png into the window to replace it.
    Enjoy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

iancallaghan (2009-06-23)

Will be back in a little while....

gotta test this ultrasnOw the dev team just sent me...hold on..BRB
    When ModMyi.com - your premier Apple & iPhone
    community AND
    The Dev Team MEET Apple, JAIL BREAKING,UNLOCKING AND DOWN GRADING OF BASEBAND(S) IS WHAT YOU GET....

Quote Originally Posted by sleek View Post

Yeah, right!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,544 Times in 7,599 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sleek View Post

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ If you like the Beatles:

from looking at the pix and looking at my 3rd iphone...im guessing that is on a iPhone 3GS?...and you have MMS working on iPhone 3GS?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iancallaghan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    If you are using LiveClock and find the LiveClock Dark icon too dark to see the numbers then please replace the icon with the one attached here, I have basically made it nice and clear.
    To replace the dark icon with my brighter one go to iPhoneBrowser, select "Goto Location" - Winterboard themes, LiveClock Dark theme/ Bundles/ com.apple.springboard, Drag my new LiveClock.png into the window to replace it.
    Enjoy.
    Got it working thanks mate. The new liveclock dark theme looks great. Thanks.

I just need to get WeatherIcon working now.
    Thanks again.

ltrasn0w is finally in the new loader, after some regexp fails in the python testbed that I use to load the loader. Now testing...
    community AND
    The Dev Team MEET Apple, JAIL BREAKING,UNLOCKING AND DOWN GRADING OF BASEBAND(S) IS WHAT YOU GET....

Quote Originally Posted by thaforgottenone View Post
    from looking at the pix and looking at my 3rd iphone...im guessing that is on a iPhone 3GS?...and you have MMS working on iPhone 3GS?
    Getting MMS working on the 3GS is just the same as on the 3G. No Jailbreak is required.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

any ideas on how to fix google maps it really sucks i do use this alot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is there a ssh directory? I'm trying to create a theme but can't find certain folders...

Testing has been going surprisingly well, actually. Usually Murphy's law applies
    community AND

Thanks

Well no computer for me...so I'm still on beta 5...does anyone know if winterboard will work for beta 5?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

well i guess nobody knows anything bout map app

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok ran into my first kinda major bug in my 3.0 jailbreak. So I opened cydia and let it do its thing and after it reloaded data it came up with the 5 essential update s needed which were for cydia, categories, imobilecinema, and sbsetting with toggles. The problem came after they installed, the terminal screen that cydia has when downloading and installing things camed and showed tge last item (sbsettings) finish installing, but it never came up with the reloadind data image or the return to cydia bar at the bottom so basically cydia is stuck there. I can go to my springboard and everything but once I open cydia I cant do anything because it is stuck there. Help would be greatly apreciatted. Also sorry for any errors typed it from my ipod touch.

EDIT: nevermind a simple restart did the trick.
    Last edited by ctusc; 2009-06-23 at 02:23 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ctusc For This Useful Post:

skuchy (2009-06-23)

Stealth, Did you have to do anything additional to get MMS to work. Mine has been working thru all the Betas and up until this weekend. It worked friday when I switched to my 3Gs and now it has quit. I keep getting a Voicemail not working popup also.

BeeJiveIM 3.0 with push is now available in the App Store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 441 of 464 FirstFirst ... 341391431439440441442443451 ... LastLast