Page 440 of 464 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,800 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

thats what i've got showing up on my jailbroken 2g iphone
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

iPhone? More like MyPhone iancallaghan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kiwiphone View Post
    I've got the weather & clock working.
    Clock works through winterboard
    Weather didn't, so turned it off though Settings, did a restart. Turned it back on, opened & closed it & think I restarted again & it worked.

Changed the icons though winterboard by putting then into 'THEMENAMEBundlescom.apple.springboard'
    Called:
    weatherbg.png
    LiveClock.png

When I get down to 18% battery, it pops up to tell me I have '2116448% of battery remaining' lol

Anyone else have this?
    I have loaded LiveClock onto my 3g JB 3.0 iPhone. My problem is that I still have the original clock icon and the set of hands showing the real time. i.e. I have 2 sets of hands on the icon. Can some please advise me what I need to do?

Many thanks
    Ian

To add in programs we have previously "purchased" which we have the .ipa's for, do we use the same installd file as from betas 4 & 5? Or is there a new procedure?

If you've bought them they will just synch from iTunes.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone kiwiphone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iancallaghan View Post
    I have loaded LiveClock onto my 3g JB 3.0 iPhone. My problem is that I still have the original clock icon and the set of hands showing the real time. i.e. I have 2 sets of hands on the icon. Can some please advise me what I need to do?

Many thanks
    Ian
    U need a clock icon with no hands, there are a few in winterboard if u have a look.
    Here's mine

attached is the clock
    Attached Images Attached Images  

kiwiPhone

If I helped, don't forget to click thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwiphone For This Useful Post:

iancallaghan (2009-06-22)

Quote Originally Posted by iancallaghan View Post

Many thanks
    Ian
    You need to replace the icon in your current themes folder (clock.png) with the icon you want from liveclock. I use iPhoneBrowser, just drag & drop.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

iancallaghan (2009-06-22)

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

No one else is having a gps problem with maps? You all have a perfect fix with the sonar looking icon? I have cell triangulation only.

Has anyone gotten PwnageTool working correctly on a Mac PowerPC

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    If you've bought them they will just synch from iTunes.
    Umm...yeah... That's not exactly what I meant.

I'll ask again:

Do we use the same "Installd" file to put in IPAs into iTunes?

In Response to GPS issue with JB:

I was and posted a while back... I thought it was mobile substrate because I lost my GPS shortly after JB'ing and installing my usual stuffs. I now have it working with mobilesubstrate installed but I don't have anything active in mobilesubstrate, at lest not anything I can see in SBSettings... I know that it was just updated but I don't want to do the whole restore, sych, re-jb again!

Let me know if you ever get it working without restoring...
    Last edited by mook2420; 2009-06-22 at 10:08 PM. Reason: mis-quote

iPhone? More like MyPhone iancallaghan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    You need to replace the icon in your current themes folder (clock.png) with the icon you want from liveclock. I use iPhoneBrowser, just drag & drop.
    Thanks for the response Ian. I understand what you are saying and have found the clock icon I want to replace the existing one with. My question is where in the directory will I find the clock.png?
    I am using the standard theme that comes pre loaded. Thanks in advance. Ian

Anyone got a link as to where I can get custom firmware?

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

Going to the apple store tonight, they said their gonna swap for another phone since im not getting gps

i jailbroke the phone and i noticed a few things. It takes a lot longer (like 2 minutes) for the cell network to be registered on the phone. It just says "Searching..." for 2 minutes.

also, when i answer my phone, no one is on the other end. The other person hears that i pick up but hears nothing on their end too. What can i do to remedy this??

Thanks

i kno this has been talked bout before but has anyone gotten mms to work..? i have 5.0 n tha mms symbol but sendin is a fail...
    If I helped you in any way slap that thanks button

Subscribe to me on YouTube
    Follow me on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by drm309 View Post
    i jailbroke the phone and i noticed a few things. It takes a lot longer (like 2 minutes) for the cell network to be registered on the phone. It just says "Searching..." for 2 minutes.

also, when i answer my phone, no one is on the other end. The other person hears that i pick up but hears nothing on their end too. What can i do to remedy this??
    Did you update to 3.0? Install custom carrier settings? Jailbreak using redsn0w or custom ispw form pwnagetool?

Quote Originally Posted by mook2420 View Post
    Did you update to 3.0? Install custom carrier settings? Jailbreak using redsn0w or custom ispw form pwnagetool?
    Yes, used pwnage tool at first, saw the problem, then did redsn0w. I just now fully restored the phone to factory (i hope so anyway) and re-did everything with pwnage.

I'm just a simple jailbreaker, nothing more. No need for an unlock, i just want SSH to my phone and the cool apps on Cydia. I hope i didn't mess anything up through pwnage tool like the "update baseband" msg on the first page. I always uncheck activate so itunes would activate it on its own.

I also just did the quick carrier settings just now. Very cool about that! I'll have to do that through my wife's 2g. Also if this helps, i have a 3g, but are one of the few that live in a non 3g area (unless i go to work, where there is 3g)
    Last edited by drm309; 2009-06-22 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by drm309 View Post
    Yes, used pwnage tool at first, saw the problem, then did redsn0w. I just now fully restored the phone to factory (i hope so anyway) and re-did everything with pwnage.

I'm just a simple jailbreaker, nothing more. No need for an unlock, i just want SSH to my phone and the cool apps on Cydia. I hope i didn't mess anything up through pwnage tool like the "update baseband" msg on the first page. I always uncheck activate so itunes would activate it on its own.

I also just did the quick carrier settings just now. Very cool about that! I'll have to do that through my wife's 2g. Also if this helps, i have a 3g, but are one of the few that live in a non 3g area (unless i go to work, where there is 3g)
    That is strange... Man if all your received calls do that I have no idea... I guess you probably have 3G off in the settings until you do travel into an area that has it? Try to see if your earphone jack is dirty, possibly the phone thinks you have headphones plugged in... my 2G would do that every once in a while and I'd clean out the hole and plug in the jack and remove it like 3 or 4 times and it would then not have strange audio behavior. I posted this like 10 pages ago also but if you take some cotton off of a cotton swab you can use a little bit of isopropyl alcohol to clean the contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by xxfr0stbytexx View Post
    i kno this has been talked bout before but has anyone gotten mms to work..? i have 5.0 n tha mms symbol but sendin is a fail...
    it has nothing to do with what's on your phone... it's the way your account is provisioned with AT&T.... I am in the same situation. I put another AT&T sim into my 3gs (non-iphone) and mms and video's sent with no problems, as soon as i put my sim back in it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by mook2420 View Post
    That is strange... Man if all your received calls do that I have no idea... I guess you probably have 3G off in the settings until you do travel into an area that has it? Try to see if your earphone jack is dirty, possibly the phone thinks you have headphones plugged in... my 2G would do that every once in a while and I'd clean out the hole and plug in the jack and remove it like 3 or 4 times and it would then not have strange audio behavior. I posted this like 10 pages ago also but if you take some cotton off of a cotton swab you can use a little bit of isopropyl alcohol to clean the contacts.
    It is strange, and i noticed something odd when it takes 2-3 minutes for my phone to register ATT when before jailbreaking, that was not an issue. And this happens every time i come out of airplane mode and every time i turn on my phone. I'll give the cotton swab thing a try. Who knows, it could be that simple...although, i remember something else happening too...

...this problem happened during the first jailbreak, with pwnage, but hasn't happened since. If i missed a call, my lock screen would still have the persons picture, saying that they are calling, and that i can slide to answer. This screen would still be up long after the person called me. when i slide to unlock, the phone app appears, then quickly goes away to the home screen, or to my contacts page. This occurred 4 times before i restored it. Does that have something to do with it too?

Page 440 of 464 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450 ... LastLast