Page 426 of 464 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,520 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by jv1187 View Post
    If you have an official carrier that apple supports, you do not check activate phone. Itunes will do that for you on its own.

omfg, why do I keep getting mixed responses.

Now trying with no activation. fml fml

Quote Originally Posted by Nezert EM1 View Post

Let me know if it works. Worked that way for me.

Usually getting it into DFU mode is what errors it. Try to turn the power off completely with the phone plugged into the USB. Then press the power button for 2 seconds turning it on. As soon as it starts to power up hold the home button for 5 seconds. At the 5 seconds hold Home + Power for 10 seconds, and after 10 seconds release the power button but continue to hold the home button for like OVER 10 seconds, I count to at least 20 to be sure. Then open iTunes and shift or option click restore. You should NOT see the iTunes activate on your screen if you are truely in DFU mode. I just was able to get iTunes to not error out on a 3G using my custom I uploaded/PM'ed people with... I'll let you know if this phone works, first one worked like a charm!

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

Im just gonna wait for quickpwn, this isnt working for me either.
    If I helped you dont be afraid to click thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Now i'm restoring with my custom firmware i'll tell you how it finishes

6. The Following User Says Thank You to shinex64 For This Useful Post:

raafa171 (2009-06-19)

Quote Originally Posted by jv1187 View Post
    Let me know if it works. Worked that way for me.

Yes it worked. Thanks!!

So EVERYONE with at least ROGERS wireless with a legit iPhone contract.

***UNCHECK the activate iPhone box using custom mode of the Pwnage Tool

Yes it worked. Thanks!!

So EVERYONE with at least ROGERS wireless with a legit iPhone contract.

***UNCHECK the activate iPhone box using custom mode of the Pwnage Tool
    I have a 2G iPhone without a legit iPhone contract. What are the exact steps you used? (It's been a while since I've done this xD)

Quote Originally Posted by apu95 View Post
    I have a 2G iPhone without a legit iPhone contract. What are the exact steps you used? (It's been a while since I've done this xD)
    I am not a 100% sure becuase I am on a legit contract. I think the only difference is that you leave the activate phone box checked.

check this out.

Ocelot’s 3.0 JailBreak Guide. Even a caveman could do it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nezert EM1 For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (2009-06-20)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Would love if someone uploaded a custom firmware with default partition size, default apple bootlogo, only cydia installed and the "Has this iphone been pwned before" option disabled.
    Thx in advance!! <3 ••

i've done 4 restores now to a custom firmware (3.0). It all goes well, all very fun.
    BUT, i open cydia, install the updates and the thing freezes each and every time...
    Sth i can do about this? (everything else is fine, except youtube offcourse)

besides this, tnx for the 'jailbreak' (even though i cannot use it yet...)
    but for now, i'm restoring back to original 3.0 apple firmwware. Gonna keep reading this topic,
    as i have been doing the last 300 pages :-p, to see if sth comes up.

grtz

*edit* restoring back to original 3.0 results in an iphone that cannot be activated (iphone 2G btw), so....
    created a custom firmware without the cydia stuff and such, just to get it activated/unlocked and so on. And i
    hope that in a couple of days/weeks i could run quickpwn to install cydia when things clear up a bit.
    Last edited by X2thaP; 2009-06-20 at 12:19 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

anyone having issues with the custom firmware? im on windows using a custom pwnage firmware keep getting the 1604 error

can someone pm me the details on mook2420's ipsw please
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    You have to have previously used quickpwn in order to use a custom firmware.
    I have used quickpwn before. Looking through a few different forums, there are a ton of people who have been unable to update jailbreak with this method. Unfortunately we'll just have to wait for the new version of quickpwn I guess.

Default easy easy
    just get a custom firmware....i believe a link was posted a few pages back. make sure ur running the newest itunes. back up ur current iphone. then ****+restore and select ur custom firmware....im running it right now and its working fine1!!!!!!

Ok, now off to some trouble, anyone knows where the voiceover strings and maybe video recording might be located? i looked in the M68AP.plist but nothing...
    Stealth you there>

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Guts just check out Cash's thread, the answers are there.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Guts just check out Cash's thread, the answers are there.
    link pls

Quote Originally Posted by Jay14 View Post
    I have used quickpwn before. Looking through a few different forums, there are a ton of people who have been unable to update jailbreak with this method. Unfortunately we'll just have to wait for the new version of quickpwn I guess.
    I don't know if that was just your wording but you shouldn't be using the update button, you should be using the restore one. If you are on a 2.2.1 that you quickpwned on the computer you're trying to restore with now, then you should be able to shift-restore to one of the custom firmwares no problem.

now we have to report programs compatibilities in 3.0 jb
    Last edited by mgroovy; 2009-06-20 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    I don't know if that was just your wording but you shouldn't be using the update button, you should be using the restore one. If you are on a 2.2.1 that you quickpwned on the computer you're trying to restore with now, then you should be able to shift-restore to one of the custom firmwares no problem.
    Hmmm, actually it was just my wording but I wasn't aware that it had to be the same computer as well. My old PC had a meltdown and I have never run QuickPwn on this PC if that is the issue.

Page 426 of 464 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436 ... LastLast