Page 409 of 464 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459 ... LastLast
Results 8,161 to 8,180 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by Popple3 View Post
    Alot of people are missing a key point, Stealth isn't a member of the dev team. He just tweaked old QuickPwns to work with the 3.0 betas. He may/may not have been in contact with the dev team, but I doubt the dev team even know for sure when the launch will be
    My apologies, I thought Stealth wrote Quickpwn.

Wow the dev team website has had a **** load of hits. They posted some info on twitter
    Last edited by Nezert EM1; 2009-06-18 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Stealth, nobody wants to say a bad thing about you, me included, we all appreciate what you do but... why do you keep popping into this thread with meaningless remarks? Can't you give us an estimate when it will be ready or are you actually enjoying not telling us?
    Im guessing he does not know...

how come my diskaid and total commander do not think my beta 5 3.0 is jailbroken I cannot get access to the root and I cannot ssh due to no wireless

Default fafa
    i just wish dev team or w.e would hurry so i can use my iphone i dialed a zillion numbers in the emergency call lmao

really what about the firmware to put in with quick pwn?
    Last edited by jerm444; 2009-06-18 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nice the dev-team sounds like they're really about to release it from their twitter page at least. Down to the last few bug fixes
    Well actually not like about to, but at least getting pretty close
    Last edited by ctusc; 2009-06-18 at 10:09 PM.

After updating to iphone 3.0, most of my apps disappeared!? They were previously in folders (Categories app from Cydia), and even after running restore, they are still not there! Please Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigkan View Post
    After updating to iphone 3.0, most of my apps disappeared!? They were previously in folders (Categories app from Cydia), and even after running restore, they are still not there! Please Help!!!
    Never restore with apps in folders. I don't know if this is right but if I remember correctly go to settings-general-restrictions-enable-then disable them

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jasper44 For This Useful Post:

bigkan (2009-06-18)

Go to settings> General> Restrictions and enable them, then disable them and you should see all your hidden apps re-appear

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy51081 For This Useful Post:

bigkan (2009-06-18)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If you restore they should be gone. That's what a restore is.

Quote Originally Posted by mombopete View Post
    If you restore they should be gone. That's what a restore is.
    No

Thanks

Did he say update or restore? I think he said update and restore. What exactly does that mean then?

It should mean full restore with no apps.
    Last edited by mombopete; 2009-06-18 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper44 View Post
    Never restore with apps in folders. I don't know if this is right but if I remember correctly go to settings-general-restrictions-enable-then disable them
    It worked!! Thank you!!

He was talking about having apps in category folders. When you update or restore, doesn't matter, you lose your jailbroken apps. If you have apps in folders before you do update or restore, when it's done the app categories will be gone so you don't have access to what you moved into the folders, including regular Apple apps. People do it all the time.

Thanks

Of course he would lose all JB apps but doesn't it do a complete restore? Just wondering. I always just do a restore when going to a newer firmware.

Yes, it does a complete restore but afterwords when you restore from your backup it puts some plists or whatever back onto your phone that have the apps hidden into categories, but no categories app to access them. If you set up as new phone then there's no issue.

Thanks

Thanks for the clear answer. I never do it that way.

Since I am new to this jailbreaking thing... would you be so kind to recommend some worthy Cydia apps that I should d/l please? Thank you!

Cydia apps? - Try UltraSn0w
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

bigkan (2009-06-18)

Quote Originally Posted by bigkan View Post
    Since I am new to this jailbreaking thing... would you be so kind to recommend some worthy Cydia apps that I should d/l please? Thank you!
    Winterboard (Themeing)
    WeatherIcon (Makes the weather temperature icon real time)
    StatusNotifier (Gives you status icons in the upper bar)
    Last edited by drivesoslow; 2009-06-18 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Can't spell

24. The Following User Says Thank You to drivesoslow For This Useful Post:

bigkan (2009-06-18)

Page 409 of 464 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459 ... LastLast