Page 361 of 464 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,220 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Quote Originally Posted by GG74 View Post
    how to go back to beta 5 from GM? i missed cydia
    Jailbreak your OS 3.0 GM using the QuickPwn Beta 5 with Cydia + OS 3.0 Beta 5 ... this will put your iPhone into DFU Mode (Pink COlor) just ignore it ... open iTunes (8.2.0.10) .. restore - Shift + Restore then search for the IPSW - 7a312g - Beta 5 .. thats it ... cheers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to greatlover For This Useful Post:

GG74 (2009-06-13)

Any sort of ETA on the JB?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by captjap View Post
    ^ probably unprovisioned your account
    unprovisioned ? but i am able to send mms thru the w810 and the iphone, it just turns off on the iphone after a couple of min/hours. I never called ATT to provision anything. all i did was switch my text plan from the iphone 1500 text to the MEdia messaging 1500 plan. They must be seeing this new IMEI and shutting it off some how where the old iPhone IMEI slipped thru the cracks.

Quote Originally Posted by SBik2 View Post
    how??? and can anyone help me to downgrade back to the itunes beta where ipcc updating was allowed? I upgraded to the actual 8.2 to see if it fixed the crashing prob.
    Your on a Mac, right? Follow this guide and, when you get to the last step, install the version of iTunes from beta 4. Uninstall iTunes on a Mac | iPhone/iTouch Guides
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Green Apple
    Thanks

will the quickpwn beta 5 with cydia jailbreak the 3.0gm

Quote Originally Posted by mrwalleyeman View Post
    Don't do it! Not only will you risk bricking your iPhone, but, if it doesn't get bricked, you will have to restore it again when the official jailbreak comes out.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Thanks

No it doesn't u get PSOD.
    Not recommended.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrwalleyeman View Post
    Yes it will (kind of). The GM that you are currently running needs to be installed from iTunes 8.2 prerelease from beta 4. You have to use quickpwn beta 5 and select the beta 5 firmware. It will then decrypt the beta 5 files and beta 5 kernel. Those will be placed into the GM's FW. You will basically have a GM/B5 Hybrid on your hands. Here are the possible problems on your hands:

1.) The kernel replacement doesn't take and you will be stuck with a PSOD (Pink Screen of Death)which you will have to do a restore
    2.) The kernel takes and everything seems to run normal and the user experiences little problems
    3.) The kernel takes but your phone is running slow and might keep crashing.

I really don't think you would be looking at a total brick. In most cases a restore would do the trick. If you have some time on your hands, don't care about having to restore, and are not a timid fellow than go for it

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

dromines (2009-06-13), laquain (2009-06-13)

Quote Originally Posted by captjap View Post
    Pm me. I can get you the Roast Beef Curtains JailBreak. 3.0 GM with the Curtains Winterboard Theme is great!

all this talk about "roast beef" is making me HUNGRY

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crew7809 View Post
    all this talk about "roast beef" is making me HUNGRY
    haha eww. n idk y ppl cant jus wait for another week or mayb not even tht long tha public 3.0 will b out tha 19th n devs will have it jb soon after
    If I helped you in any way slap that thanks button

Subscribe to me on YouTube
    Follow me on Twitter

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

so, whats actually the difference between beta 5 and GM
    i have had both but cant see any differences
    Follow me on Twitter: EddieLeonard - - - - - - - -If i have helped in anyway at all, Please click the "Thanks!" button
    Stalk me on FaceBook: Eddie Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by rpgpromaster View Post
    so, whats actually the difference between beta 5 and GM
    i have had both but cant see any differences
    One's jailbroken and one's not... pretty much sums it all up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone know if the kernel has expiration timers as well as lockdownd in the betas? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure lockdownd has an expiration timer in it and lockdownd is not patched by the unofficial QuickPwn (this is why it doesn't have the activate patch, no?).

The reason I ask is I'm afraid of having my beta 5 expire before the official jailbreak is out. I'd rather not have to go back to 2.2.1 because then you can't restore your backups, which means lost saved games, etc. I don't mind using the beta, but if what I said above is correct, then using the unofficial QuickPwn on 3.0 GM would give a 3.0 GM with the original lockdownd but a beta 5 kernel. If the kernel has no expiration timer, then I could at least use this hodge podge until the official JB is out without fear of expiration.

Anyone know?

preordered my 16GB 3GS a few days ago...too bad it won't ship until release day and i'll have to wait an extra few days before i get it

Quote Originally Posted by romracer View Post
    Does anyone know if the kernel has expiration timers as well as lockdownd in the betas? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure lockdownd has an expiration timer in it and lockdownd is not patched by the unofficial QuickPwn (this is why it doesn't have the activate patch, no?).

The reason I ask is I'm afraid of having my beta 5 expire before the official jailbreak is out. I'd rather not have to go back to 2.2.1 because then you can't restore your backups, which means lost saved games, etc. I don't mind using the beta, but if what I said above is correct, then using the unofficial QuickPwn on 3.0 GM would give a 3.0 GM with the original lockdownd but a beta 5 kernel. If the kernel has no expiration timer, then I could at least use this hodge podge until the official JB is out without fear of expiration.

Anyone know?
    I think there is a way to remove the code in the plist file in the betas to make the software and the Iphone think that it is an offical release...I believe that the folder path where to find the plist is in this thred but I am not sure...let me google it...Ill send u the link as a pm...hope it works

Quote Originally Posted by merkaba View Post
    preordered my 16GB 3GS a few days ago...too bad it won't ship until release day and i'll have to wait an extra few days before i get it
    you shouldnt have to wait a few days to recieve it....it should be delivered on the 19...where u order it at?
    Last edited by ramguerra; 2009-06-13 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ramguerra For This Useful Post:

romracer (2009-06-13)

Public release of os 3.0 is Wednesday June 17th

I've loaded up 3.0 GM, but now my calculator app that I had hidden using SB settings while on 2.1 is still hidden. Any way to get that back?
    Thanks

go into settings and enable restrictions and then disable it. it should be back on your springboard.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to gmoneyz For This Useful Post:

kwan (2009-06-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SBik2 View Post
    how??? and can anyone help me to downgrade back to the itunes beta where ipcc updating was allowed? I upgraded to the actual 8.2 to see if it fixed the crashing prob.
    go to Itunes and deautorize your computer.

sync phone then reauthorize your phone
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

24. The Following User Says Thank You to bdwayneh For This Useful Post:

SBik2 (2009-06-13)

Quote Originally Posted by gmoneyz View Post
    go into settings and enable restrictions and then disable it. it should be back on your springboard.
    Damn! I'm amazed at the amount of iphone knowledge here.
    Thanks

Page 361 of 464 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast