Page 345 of 464 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395445 ... LastLast
Results 6,881 to 6,900 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think they're holding off the jailbreak until the final release. Thank God we only have 6 more days. If they released it when the GM was released, we'd have more time to play around with the jailbreak, but now as we only have 6, and soon, only 5 days left, I think the developers maybe holding off.

I hope I'm wrong though.

WARNING: Devs are telling us that new terms and conditions need be accepted before downloading iPhone 3.0 GM, which include a warning that applying the developer build may permanently lock your device out of the commercial 3.0 release on June 17th.

wtf? this is true?

No
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    No
    i dont think so

Downgrading is possible, so even if it is true it's easy enough to overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Araya213 View Post
    Downgrading is possible, so even if it is true it's easy enough to overcome.

downgrading wont help if its your serial thats locked out of service

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spawn026 View Post
    I guess its a clear sign to upgrade to a 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by spawn026 View Post
    It won't help you if they send out an assassin to kill anyone who tries - but that isn't going to happen either.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

so this is somthing we should not be worried about then

The guys at Apple and AT&T have to be very careful about how they treat their customers. Their competitors are creeping up on them and their weaknesses are becoming apparent. Besides that, we own these devices. Anything they do to disable them will result in lawsuits and public outcry. Then there's the support aspect of it, they don't need a million extra (angry) calls to tech support on launch day, they would be overwhelmed. So quit worrying.

I do not have GM so it doesn't affect me - but IMHO it is nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Araya213 View Post
    Their competitors are creeping up on them
    No they're not.

I have no loyalty to Apple having had WinMo and Symbian devices (mainly) for the past 6 years and if I thought there was something else close to the iPhone I would probably try it. The Pre is a definite fail in my book (promising OS but wrong form) and Android mighyt be worth a look in a few years but for the moment the iPhone is street ahead of the competition.
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-06-11 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Have you used the Pre? It's incredible. And even the G1 is better than the iPhone. I'm more of a phone fanatic than most but with AT&T dropping the ball like they are, I think they are going to lose alot of contract renewals in a year. That's going to go along way to displace the iPhone if they don't branch out. So in summation, AT&T is going to ruin the iPhone if Apple doesn't do something drastic. The competitors are not there yet, but the stage is set for an epic battle.

Then why do you have an iPhone?

I don't want a bulky phone with a keyboard, I want a large screen. The iPhone fits the bill quite nicely, the Pre is not something I am interested in.

Just because you don't like the form factor of the other devices doesn't mean they aren't valid competitors.

To answer your question, I bought my iPhone when they were the best phone out there, now I'm locked into a contract that will cost me 600 bucks to get out of (3 lines on my account). I'm not saying I'm giving up on the iPhone either, I love mine, but it's not the best phone out there and AT&T is probably the worst carrier there is.

Each to his own but I've had enough bricks to know that the Pre is not for me.

I'm with T-Mobile who are the best carrier there is with the fastest HSDPA speeds

iPhone? More like MyPhone jjr3211's Avatar
    Thanks

confucious how well dose your phone work on tmobile i was thinkin of switchin if i dont buy the 3gs i thought somebody said that 3g didnt work on tmoble is it still pretty fast

I'm in the UK where it is very fast - in the US 3G will not work on T-Mobile on the iPhone.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

jjr3211 (2009-06-11)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Everyone getting excited yet?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I'm with T-Mobile who are the best carrier there is with the fastest HSDPA speeds

Cuz there is no one on that network.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Everyone getting excited yet?
    Pumped!!

Page 345 of 464 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395445 ... LastLast