Page 341 of 464 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,820 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Thanks

Has anybody try updating back to Beta 5 after 3.0 GM, instead of going into DFU mode? It just a thought, and if it does work, it would save a lot of time of having to DFU and such...

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Apple have changed the BB at a very late stage to prevent jailbreaking once before and will do so again. For the sake of a couple of weeks it really is not worth it.

SB has definitely made the right decision.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but changing the Baseband does not limit your ability to jailbreak your phone it just limits your ability to use yellowsn0w and the exploit which allows you to carrier unlock your phone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DeeVus View Post
    Well I read that you can install beta 5 without being listed on a developers device list and your phone would still work. I've also read the exact opposite so I would really like to know the real exact answer...
    If I install iPhone OS 3.0 beta on my 3G do I need to be on a developers device list or not? and will I be able to downgrade to Beta 5 from 3.0 GM? please some precise answers at this point would be very much appreciated.
    thanks!
    You can use iUtilities (google) to change FW, then reboot, then change FW back to 3.0. I'm not a developer but I've been playing and testing beta since it came out for the fun of it and been using iutilities. You can also search through this forum, which give you more detail.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

If anybody is going back to beta 5 and needs to be registered, let me know I will put you on my account for free.

BTW, do not try to use b5 jailbeak on gm. If you have an issue during kernel replacement it could cause a ibrick

iPhone? More like MyPhone dchandler's Avatar
    Thanks

well i really need help going back to 2.2.1 everything i tried have not work, I have 3.0 GM

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The phone will remain unlocked but not activated. you will be able to make and receive calls but not get to the home screen as it will be on the Emergency calls only screen which, although it was fixed on the 3G apparently has not been fixed on the 2G so still allows you to call any number.
    If you have an AT&T SIM you can use the fix.
    Yeah but when you put in a diff sim doesnt it say diff sim dctected

Default Streaming Radio on IPHONE
    Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all your hard work stealth . This community has always been a great resource for information.

I wanted to know if anyone knows of and app or a way to stream internet radio to the iphone 3g. I am looking for something that would allow me to add my own streams, particularly HOT 97 from New york.

Thanks everyone

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jandro613 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all your hard work stealth . This community has always been a great resource for information.

I wanted to know if anyone knows of and app or a way to stream internet radio to the iphone 3g. I am looking for something that would allow me to add my own streams, particularly HOT 97 from New york.

Thanks everyone
    Did you try Pandora radio from the app store?
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8r789456 View Post
    Yeah but when you put in a diff sim doesnt it say diff sim dctected
    I had the same problem, went back to 2.2.1

Ive heard other people say that if you do the 'upgrade' option from 2.2.1 to 3.0 it will remain activated, but I havent tried it yet. I dont feel like going through all that again.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

wunderradio kicks @ss

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    wunderradio kicks @ss
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.sparky View Post
    Did you try Pandora radio from the app store?

Guess there really is an app for everything !!!!

There is an HOT 97 FM app for free in the app store !!!
    Last edited by jandro613; 2009-06-10 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Pandora should allow you to add a custom stream but I'm not 100% sure. I'll give it a try and get back to you.
    Last edited by DeeVus; 2009-06-10 at 07:54 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

For people on 2G using T-Mobile (or other unsupported carrier) guide is here:

NOT MY GUIDE - Copied from iHackintosh.com

For 2G Users : You can do whatever you like (UPDATE, RESTORE,DOWNGRADE), that you wont lose your unlock. Cause the baseband stays the same, its not updated.

iPhone 2g 2.2.1 QuickPwned to 3.0 on Windows Computer :

* Fire iTunes 8.0, connect your iPhone 2G, do a Restore install (option-Restore button) to firmware 2.0.2 Using DFU Mode.
    * Run QuickPwn 1.0 and allow it to pwn the iPhone using firmware 2.0.2. It should finish activated.
    * Using iTunes again, set it up as a new iPhone (do not restore from backup).
    * Now install iTunes 8.2 final because OS 3.0 is supported by iTunes 8.2 final version only.
    * Now update by click option-Update button (NOT Restore), and choose the firmware 3.0 image.

iPhone 2g 2.2.1 Pwned to 3.0 Beta on Mac OS X :

* Make sure your iPhone 2G is Pwned 2.2.1 (Pwnage NOT QuickPwn) if sure fire iTunes.
    * Now update by click option-Update button (NOT Restore), and choose the firmware 3.0 image.

Copied from iHackintosh.com
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

iPhone? More like MyPhone dchandler's Avatar
    Thanks

It is a hot97 app in the app store

Question What about the new Final Gold release??
    I'm on the new release that just came out and i can't activate my phone... i'm stuck at "slide for emergency" Is there anyway to bypass that in 3.0? Or when does the new jailbreak come out to support the gold final release??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    For people on 2G using T-Mobile (or other unsupported carrier) guide is here:

NOT MY GUIDE - Copied from iHackintosh.com

For 2G Users : You can do whatever you like (UPDATE, RESTORE,DOWNGRADE), that you wont lose your unlock. Cause the baseband stays the same, its not updated.

iPhone 2g 2.2.1 QuickPwned to 3.0 on Windows Computer :

* Fire iTunes 8.0, connect your iPhone 2G, do a Restore install (option-Restore button) to firmware 2.0.2 Using DFU Mode.
    * Run QuickPwn 1.0 and allow it to pwn the iPhone using firmware 2.0.2. It should finish activated.
    * Using iTunes again, set it up as a new iPhone (do not restore from backup).
    * Now install iTunes 8.2 final because OS 3.0 is supported by iTunes 8.2 final version only.

iPhone 2g 2.2.1 Pwned to 3.0 Beta on Mac OS X :

* Make sure your iPhone 2G is Pwned 2.2.1 (Pwnage NOT QuickPwn) if sure fire iTunes.

Copied from iHackintosh.com
    So, will then keep my activation if I update from a PwnageTool created 2.2.1 ipsw to the official untouched 3.0 GM..?

Quote Originally Posted by Popple3 View Post
    So, will then keep my activation if I update from a PwnageTool created 2.2.1 ipsw to the official untouched 3.0 GM..?
    No.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Just a thought I'd like to share with my MMi folks..

I was wondering if the reason the Dev Team don't want to release the patch and JB until after the release of the 3GS is because they don't want to do the work twice if Apple changes some things around for the final 3.0 and the new 3GS.

Before I get any further, I just want to clear something up. I have great respect for what they do and would dare not argue with their timeline. They spend countless hours to provide something that most of us would gladly pay for. They could make a killing with this!

I was just thinking...I became a big nerd since I bought my iPhone and joined MMi. Next thing I know, I'm stuck to my computer during work hours and at home on MMi repeatedly hitting that F5 button. I dont know what I'll be doing once the final OS and the new 3GS comes out and a JB is released for them. I'll probably be bored out of my mind! And I'm thinking the Dev Team do what they do because they love doing it. They'll probably be bored just as I will be. The excitement would be prolonged if they would release a JB for the GM and then another one for the final release. What do you think?

Of course, I could be totally wrong as to why they're waiting.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

This is all so very exciting. It's like a feeding frenzy.
    Good things come to those who wait.
    A wise (as always) choice by Stealth to what till the final comes out to release .

I don't think Apple would change that much in the final build compared to the build that just leaked.. probably just minor improvements and bug fixes.. They released JB for beta 3 and 5 so why not the gold final release?

I'm stuck at "Slide for emergency" activation..since i don't got a SIM right now, trying to figure out how to trick the Quickpwn app to believe I'm using beta 5 and that way just activate it..hehe

The-Dev team sure is doing a great job and i wish they accepted donations.

Page 341 of 464 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441 ... LastLast