Page 340 of 464 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,800 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Thanks

thnx stealth it is tha right idea ive been on 2.2.1 even tho i wanted 3 for a while but like we've said whats another few weeks i like my ielegance theme it jus sux u wasted 2 days tryin to get it to work. ha get some sleep now
    If I helped you in any way slap that thanks button

Subscribe to me on YouTube
    Follow me on Twitter

I was fine with waiting, until I tried reverting back from 3.0 GM to 3.0 beta 5. I keep getting unknown error 1604. I then use quickpwn just to get out of DFU mode. I have tried 3 different firmwares, but same problem. I even tried on different computer, but still error 1604. So at this point I have 3.0 GM with no ability to downgrade to either 3.0 beta 5, or 2.2.1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jml6278 View Post
    I was fine with waiting, until I tried reverting back from 3.0 GM to 3.0 beta 5. I keep getting unknown error 1604. I then use quickpwn just to get out of DFU mode. I have tried 3 different firmwares, but same problem. I even tried on different computer, but still error 1604. So at this point I have 3.0 GM with no ability to downgrade to either 3.0 beta 5, or 2.2.1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also received many errors when downgrading from 3.0 GM to 2.2.1.
    But you have to keep trying it took me 3 times for some reason. But eventually it went through with a 1013 error and then I used quickpwn and it worked.

Stealth,

I'm not sure that the logic of "it's the right thing for the community" is correct.

I'm sure apple monitors forums like this one and once they hear that you've hacked the kernel, they either don't care or they will figure out how you have done it without you posting it.

Basically what I'm saying is that once someone says it JB, they could change it if they wanted to. They don't have to wait to see it.

Does your MS patch work for GM? If not, can you please post it so we can use it on beta 5?

I'm still enjoying beta 5 and will continue to until they shut it off.

I am going back to 2.2.1 when I get home this evening. 3.0GM is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselboy27 View Post
    I also received many errors when downgrading from 3.0 GM to 2.2.1.
    But you have to keep trying it took me 3 times for some reason. But eventually it went through with a 1013 error and then I used quickpwn and it worked.
    Tried over 15 times with both windows and mac, and still error 1604. I would like to move back to beta 5 so I can jailbreak it. Need some of the brainiacs to help get me back to beta 5.

Thanks.

Can someone tell me what version of quickpwn they used to do all of this? I just want to go back to 3.0 B5.

i am perfectly happy waiting for a proper jb I just need to know if my beta 5 is going to stop working soon

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi SB,

I respect your decision not to continue with the JB of the GM release but I believe it makes no difference to apple. They know and they can disable the JB at any time if they wish to by issuing a minor upgrade to the firmware.

I would like to say a BIG thank you for all your hard work here in the forum. You have helped me greatly and all others. Again, for me waiting is not an issue but I do not believe that it will cause problems to the community if you JB the GM release.

Again, thank you for all the help and take some rest for the next challenge.

GIPAQ

Try it this way based on experienced ... use iTunes 8.1.1

Downgrade to Beta 2 .. after restore to beta 2, iTunes will tell you that its expired already and just ignore the message ... then restore to 2.2.1 (5H11)and if you're having a good luck no error ... if not then error 1013 ... don't worry the OS 2.2.1 is already there in your iPhone ...

Turn off iPhone ... close iTunes ... open QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 ... then connect your iPhone to the PC ... just press OK to the first message of QuickPwn and do nothing and just press the Power Switch of iPhone for at least 2 seconds and the logo of Apple will come out then the DFU mode will be remove and Emergency Call will come out and that is the time activation is needed from the iTunes ... and you're done ... I hope this helps
    Last edited by greatlover; 2009-06-10 at 05:10 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I highly doubt that Apple would make changes against the GM based on it being JB. Any changes at this point would require a new testing cycle and would delay the public launch.
    Besides, Apple knows that 3.0 is going to be JB and it's clear that they are not hell bent on preventing it. They are taking the typical approach in software DRM. Just make it harder to hack without over investing in the DRM or impacting the customers user experience.

Quote Originally Posted by fireweed View Post
    I highly doubt that Apple would make changes against the GM based on it being JB. Any changes at this point would require a new testing cycle and would delay the public launch.
    Besides, Apple knows that 3.0 is going to be JB and it's clear that they are not hell bent on preventing it. They are taking the typical approach in software DRM. Just make it harder to hack without over investing in the DRM or impacting the customers user experience.
    Yeah I agree completely, they can't delay the firmware release at this point since the release date has been made publicly available and they wouldn't anyway given the relatively small number of people who jailbreak in comparison to the overall number that own the phone. Since this is obviously the final version of the FW, it makes no difference to wait until next week to jb it but I respect StealthBravo's decision either way.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Wink Errors downgrading
    Quote Originally Posted by greatlover View Post
    Try it this way based on experienced ... use iTunes 8.1.1

Downgrade to Beta 2 .. after restore to beta 2, iTunes will tell you that its expired already and just ignore the message ... then restore to 2.2.1 (5H11)and if you're having a good luck no error ... if not then error 1013 ...

Turn off iPhone ... close iTunes ... open QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 ... then connect your iPhone to the PC ... just press OK to the first message of QuickPwn and do nothing and just press the Power Switch of iPhone for at least 2 seconds and the logo of Apple will come out then the DFU mode will be remove and Emergency Call will come out and that is the time activation is needed from the iTunes ... and you're done ... I hope this helps
    I tried uninstalling 8.2 pre release rebooting reinstalling and still same problem. I ended up jailbreaking 3.0 GM with the beta 5 jailbreak ( I know ... BAD IDEA, but I needed to try something. After the jailbreak the phone rebooted into DFU mode, but this time with the pink screen. Sensing something had changed, I tried restoring to beta 5, and to my surprise .... success. Now that I am back on beta 5, I will jailbreak and wait for Stealth patiently.

Thanks for all who tried to help. Quickpwn.... fixes bricked phones ..... oh and it jailbreaks too

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay14 View Post
    I respect StealthBravo's decision either way.
    Absolutely agree. Even in our dark little community there is still a code to follow. No matter how badly we want a JB if Stealth and the Dev Team say to wait, we wait.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

you have to make sure your phone is in DFU mode... I was having same issues but finally got it in DFU mode and now I am in beta 5...
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone MWillis561's Avatar
    Thanks

I tell you Stealth is on a roll with the pictures today. I like it because I've gotten kind-of sick reading everybodies posts these past few pages. It's nice looking at a picture and trying to interpret it to figure out what Stealth is thinking.

Thanks

I tried uninstalling 8.2 pre release rebooting reinstalling and still same problem. I ended up jailbreaking 3.0 GM with the beta 5 jailbreak ( I know ... BAD IDEA, but I needed to try something. After the jailbreak the phone rebooted into DFU mode, but this time with the pink screen. Sensing something had changed, I tried restoring to beta 5, and to my surprise .... success. Now that I am back on beta 5, I will jailbreak and wait for Stealth patiently.

Thanks for all who tried to help. Quickpwn.... fixes bricked phones ..... oh and it jailbreaks too
    How did you manage to use the Beta 5 Jailbreak, when you need 3.0 GM bundle embed in Quickpwn Data folder? I also try to Jailbreak 3.0 GM with Beta 5 Quickpwn last night but with no success. I never got pass the 1st step. If you know of a way, let me know...

Apple have changed the BB at a very late stage to prevent jailbreaking once before and will do so again. For the sake of a couple of weeks it really is not worth it.

SB has definitely made the right decision.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Well I read that you can install beta 5 without being listed on a developers device list and your phone would still work. I've also read the exact opposite so I would really like to know the real exact answer...
    If I install iPhone OS 3.0 beta on my 3G do I need to be on a developers device list or not? and will I be able to downgrade to Beta 5 from 3.0 GM? please some precise answers at this point would be very much appreciated.
    thanks!

Page 340 of 464 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440 ... LastLast