Page 339 of 464 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,780 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

So I finally decided to join this website after months of reading forums

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TennVol For This Useful Post:

mr.sparky (2009-06-10), wielkidemonelo (2009-06-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    SB - I know you are working very hard on this and I know lots of people want it but if you release anything that makes Apple change anything before the 3Gs release that makes the Dev Team's job harder you will have a lot more people cursing you than thanking you.
    I wish you well, my friend, but hope you know the implications of what you are doing.
    Good luck
    Good point. I would hate to do something that would mess it up for everyone. I have thought about this and I know the Dev Team is highly against releasing another hijacked QuickPwn. I suspect you are right and I should abandon my attempt at this jailbreak. We have all waited so long for this, what is another 3-4 weeks? It was hard keeping the patched kernel from everyone here but it was for the good of the community that it didn't get out. My friend, thanks for words of advice and I do believe you are right. The dev team will begin their jailbreaking of 3.0 when the final is released to the public. Hopefully it won't be released too long after that.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

Araya213 (2009-06-10), bootlegskate (2009-06-10), confucious (2009-06-10), cpenner (2009-06-10), djwill31 (2009-06-10), Junior2377 (2009-06-10), mwcoexec (2009-06-10), MWillis561 (2009-06-10), mworts (2009-06-10), Popple3 (2009-06-10), TennVol (2009-06-10), wielkidemonelo (2009-06-10), xxfr0stbytexx (2009-06-10)

How do I get an avatar?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TennVol For This Useful Post:

wielkidemonelo (2009-06-10)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Good point. I would hate to do something that would mess it up for everyone. I have thought about this and I know the Dev Team is highly against releasing another hijacked QuickPwn. I suspect you are right and I should abandon my attempt at this jailbreak. We have all waited so long for this, what is another 3-4 weeks? It was hard keeping the patched kernel from everyone here but it was for the good of the community that it didn't get out. My friend, thanks for words of advice and I do believe you are right. The dev team will begin their jailbreaking of 3.0 when the final is released to the public. Hopefully it won't be released too long after that.
    The Dev Team have been working on the betas and no doubt are working on GM - they just won't release anything until the final is released but I really wouldn't expect to wait to long after release. Hopefully YellowSn0w will follow shortly after.

SB - you have helped a lot of people and I am sure they will all show their thanks by clicking the Thanks button in your post. I believe you have made the right decision, Thank You! You have done a great job and your work on the betas was outstanding. I salute you.

PS - Go get some sleep!
    Last edited by confucious; 2009-06-10 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

I thought on the new 3.0 you could internet tether...I don't even get the option in settings.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TennVol For This Useful Post:

So you mean no JB for Gold Master build :-(
    I will revert to 2.2.1 then...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to zeeshee For This Useful Post:

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TennVol View Post
    So I finally decided to join this website after months of reading forums
    welcome to the mmi family

Quote Originally Posted by TennVol View Post
    I thought on the new 3.0 you could internet tether...I don't even get the option in settings.
    try the ipcc file from the first post
    Last edited by mr.sparky; 2009-06-10 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr.sparky For This Useful Post:

TennVol (2009-06-10), wielkidemonelo (2009-06-10)

Thanks for all your hard work Stealth.
    As much as I'd love a GM jailbreak right now, I do agree it's best to leave it until the final final version is out publicly. I can make do with 2.2.1 for another while.

Although one thing that's kinda bugging me, I thought when you updated firmware, your activation would stay? (That didn't happen for me... )

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Popple3 For This Useful Post:

On the 2G Unlock stays but activation doesn't.
    If you have an 'official' SIM you can borrow to activate it you can swap back - then just put the phone in aeroplane mode every time yo connect tio iTunes to stop it recognising the 'unsupported' SIM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

On the 2G Unlock stays but activation doesn't.
    If you have an 'official' SIM you can borrow to activate it you can swap back - then just put the phone in aeroplane mode every time yo connect tio iTunes to stop it recognising the 'unsupported' SIM.
    If I upgrade my unlocked and jailbroken, American (Was AT&T) 2g from Beta 5 to latest version & use my sons O2 sim from his iPhone that surely WON'T work will it?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hitone For This Useful Post:

The phone will remain unlocked but not activated. you will be able to make and receive calls but not get to the home screen as it will be on the Emergency calls only screen which, although it was fixed on the 3G apparently has not been fixed on the 2G so still allows you to call any number.
    If you have an AT&T SIM you can use the fix.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

The phone will remain unlocked but not activated. you will be able to make and receive calls but not get to the home screen as it will be on the Emergency calls only screen which, although it was fixed on the 3G apparently has not been fixed on the 2G so still allows you to call any number.
    If you have an AT&T SIM you can use the fix.
    Damn... I threw out the AT&T sim that came with my iPhone... Didn't think I'd need it again, being in Ireland and all... Ah well, I'll just have to wait for the dev team to work their magic

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Popple3 For This Useful Post:

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Waiting is probably the best option. I upgraded and can live with a stock phone for a couple of weeks. Even if I downgraded by the time I tweaked everything 3.0 would be out officially.

Thanks for all your efforts Stealth.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoneLine For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gomisensei View Post
    Ok, i updated my phone to the GM fw (7A341), when it rebooted, my settings app was gone... Tried to backdate to beta5, and jailbreak, but cydia and icy are now gone as well. I remembered after the fact that I used categories to put my settings apps into a different folder, which automatically hid them from SB. How do I get my settings app back now?
    If you had access to the settings app I would say go to settings and enable restrictions, then disable again. Go back to SB and you should see all missing apps appear, but I don't know what to suggest.
    Last edited by Andy51081; 2009-06-10 at 01:36 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy51081 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Andy51081 View Post
    Go to settings and enable restrictions, then disable again. Go back to SB and you should see all missing apps appear.
    Ummmm... You might want to read his post again... His Settings app has disappeared

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Popple3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Popple3 View Post
    Ummmm... You might want to read his post again... His Settings app has disappeared
    I know, I know. Just woke up so still a bit scatty. Edited accordingly, lol.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy51081 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    well this certainly sucks to hear we all have been looking forward to the 3.0 GM JB but i also think its a good idea to hold back for the sake of the community.

P.S thanks again stealth for the headway and all the hard work you've put into the betas and the JB software for them THANKS
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

SB said: "We have all waited so long for this, what is another 3-4 weeks? "

3-4 weeks!? Public version of 3.0 comes out in 1 week!! I can definatly wait that long. No biggie

iPhone? More like MyPhone captjap's Avatar
    Thanks

Sothisforum should be near silent for about a month;-) thanks stealth defly understand the need to wait. I wouldn't be surprised if the added encryption you ate now running into is due to the early release of beta jailbreaks. I am sure the apple devs have been watching this forum with their finger on the F5 key ;-) . Thanks stealth for all your efforts ! Go get some rest!

Quote Originally Posted by gomisensei View Post
    Ok, i updated my phone to the GM fw (7A341), when it rebooted, my settings app was gone... Tried to backdate to beta5, and jailbreak, but cydia and icy are now gone as well. I remembered after the fact that I used categories to put my settings apps into a different folder, which automatically hid them from SB. How do I get my settings app back now?
    If you can SSH into it, you can try running

apt-get install com.zataang.quickgold

and running the settings app with that, enable restrictions and disable and hope for the best

Page 339 of 464 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast