Page 210 of 464 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    I'm assuming that since the dev team probably hasn't gotten their hands on the hardware itself (if they have, I'm really impressed), this full jailbreak will probably use a software unlock for the upcoming iPhone, so they are probably worried about Apple fixing a software exploit in 3.0. Like you, I'm just guessing, so I might be wrong also.
    Well the dev team has already stated that ability to jailbreak, the exploit itself, goes down to the bootloader or something else flashed permanently on the phone so any software changes by apple could never stop jailbreaking. I'm not completely sure on the specifics but I do remember reading this on the Dev teams blog awhile back

Thanks

wow stealth changed the subject and then looks like he left
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

Thanks

He's probably fighting to get the patch released. Or trying to catch up on all the hours of sleep he's neglected.

Thanks

^ maybe both
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

Quote Originally Posted by rburg View Post
    Well the dev team has already stated that ability to jailbreak, the exploit itself, goes down to the bootloader or something else flashed permanently on the phone so any software changes by apple could never stop jailbreaking. I'm not completely sure on the specifics but I do remember reading this on the Dev teams blog awhile back
    I was talking about the iPhone that's coming out in the summer. Apple could have updated the bootloader or whatever the exploit exploits and since the dev team doesn't have that iPhone yet, they can't have found an exploit in the new bootload yet. If the new jailbreak/patch can jailbreak the new iPhone, then it would have to be taking advantage of something in the 3.0 software. Again, this is just speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by bdwayneh View Post
    wow stealth changed the subject then left it looks like
    LMAO!!
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

haha. Actually it has nothing to do with waiting for official release. They are talking about waiting for beta 6

^ maybe both
    Only Stealth could successfully fight for the patch in his dreams.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Thanks

^ is there anything to gain by waiting for the beta 6 release?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    haha. Actually it has nothing to do with waiting for official release. They are talking about waiting for beta 6
    Why would they care about waiting for beta 6?

Thanks

i personally think, out of fairness, since we've all been waiting DAYS now, keeping our eyes and fingers glued RIGHT HERE, they should let us have it, since b6 is either a day or a week away! i mean, it IS only fair!!

then again, maybe they KNOW we're all really eager to get our hands on it and they are having a huge laugh at our expense?!
    Last edited by Mercury1975; 2009-05-20 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 3G OS 3.1.3
    iPhone 3G(S) OS 3.1.3
    iMac Snow Leopard 10.6.3

Thanks

I was talking about the iPhone that's coming out in the summer. Apple could have updated the bootloader or whatever the exploit exploits and since the dev team doesn't have that iPhone yet, they can't have found an exploit in the new bootload yet. If the new jailbreak/patch can jailbreak the new iPhone, then it would have to be taking advantage of something in the 3.0 software. Again, this is just speculation.

LMAO!!
    Well one thing they did believe that that iTouch 2nd gen chipset exploit to jailbreak would be the same on the iphone. that why they were so pissed when someone leaked it. they didn't want apple getting a hold of it and fixing the iphone. At the time it was feasible for apple to do this. however my point is that at this time that apple has already started production and that going back and fixing the exploit (whether there or not) would not be possible. Thus I don't understand why the Dev team is still holding out on us.

Edit: oh beta 6 huh... Still don't get it but whatever. Scratch my previous hypothesizing then. hahah
    Last edited by rburg; 2009-05-20 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rburg View Post
    Well one thing they did believe that that iTouch 2nd gen chipset exploit to jailbreak would be the same on the iphone. that why they were so pissed when someone leaked it. they didn't want apple getting a hold of it and fixing the iphone. At the time it was feasible for apple to do this. however my point is that at this time that apple has already started production and that going back and fixing the exploit (whether there or not) would not be possible. Thus I don't understand why the Dev team is still holding out on us.

Edit: oh beta 6 huh... Still don't get it but whatever. Scratch my previous hypothesizing then. hahah
    What I was say is that the new jailbreak could be using a software exploit for the new iPhone and if it is, then Apple can fix it in the next beta.

Thanks

@lightmaster Ah ok I understand. Sorry for the confusion. lol

@rburg No problem. Like I said, I have no proof of any of that, its just speculation.

Grrrr. MMi keeps switching from normal speed to pre-56k speed.

And now MMi is normal speed again.
    Last edited by lightmaster; 2009-05-20 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

@lightmaster Yeah i was just speculating too. And this speed up and slow down of mmi is extremely aggravating!

What exactly are they doing that's making its speed fluctuate so much?

Thanks

yea and considering how late it is I would think it would be fast

Thanks

hopefully the beta 6 comes out early so we can have a wonderful day

What exactly are they doing that's making its speed fluctuate so much?
    The speed is probably constantly changing because we all refresh this thread while we wait for the patch or beta 6 whichever comes first

yea and considering how late it is I would think it would be fast
    Come to think of it, because of how late it is, they may be making hardware changes at the moment.

Great signature, by the way. lol.

Page 210 of 464 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast