Page 17 of 464 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

on the front page of this site, the post about video in MMS shows a cool iMovie 09 movie player/editor. maybe that's what movie editing will look like on the iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by swiftbmx View Post
    Can someone please post their MobileSMS.app? I want to see if it works in 2.2.1 so perhaps we can have landscape?? Anybody willing to help out??
    it's not the app that decides if it's landscape, it's new frameworks. and also, posting original apple files on this forum is considered piracy.
    Last edited by csoccer1; 2009-04-03 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by fletch33 View Post
    this is getting frustrating LOL

i have everything working except the ability to move my apps folder to make space. i have restored like 9 times trying this. i am using transmit on mac and it connects fine and i have tried

but i am unsure about the "create a link" and i think that is the problem. when i restart after this i have nothing on my springboard except iPhoneApps icon

any suggestions?

thanks
    I did the same thing... for links you do:
    ln -s /private/var/stash/Applications /Applications
    ln -s /private/var/stash/Ringtones /Library/Ringtones

I moved everything and it worked. I was able to move everything and was able to copy some 3rd party apps and get them to run. I am having 2 problems though:

1. Icy does not want to install anything and gives me error #2. I checked permissions and tries resetting them but still get an error.
    2. SSH gives me an error and logs out. I tried installing Core Utils and MobileSubstrate and it did not help.

Anyone have ideas?

Default What good is 3.0 if there's no mms?
    I just successfully updated my 3g firmware to 3.0 and then jailbroke it using quickpwn. Downsides: mms doesn't work and icy is a piece of crap. I WANT Cydia back! If anyone knows any tricks please let me know.

On another note, if your apps were in categories and they disappeared afterwards the best solution to get them back is to go to settings, restrictions, enable them and then disable them. Worked like a charm.

I'm getting an error when installing certain packages such as Touch Fighter 2.0. It keeps saying the dependency "firmware" is missing.

Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Bears_Fan View Post
    I just successfully updated my 3g firmware to 3.0 and then jailbroke it using quickpwn. Downsides: mms doesn't work and icy is a piece of crap. I WANT Cydia back! If anyone knows any tricks please let me know.

On another note, if your apps were in categories and they disappeared afterwards the best solution to get them back is to go to settings, restrictions, enable them and then disable them. Worked like a charm.
    try using poof to see if you can unhide them that should work. Or you might have to restore to an earlier date when they werent in folders, thats what Ive done as well.

Off topic how bout the Bears getting Cutler and Pace, pretty good if you ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post

WE HAVE MULTIPLE CONFIRMATIONS NOW, 3.0 IS OFFICIALLY JAILBROKEN!

Via cash7c3

Russian hacker Vortex has released a beta version of a 3.0 Jailbreak (supporting firmware 3.0 beta 2 only). It is packaged in the Dev Team's windows Quickpwn software and reportedly works on the iPhone 1st gen, iPhone 3g, and iPod Touch 1st gen. It unfortunately does not install Cydia instead it only installs Icy. However you can install SSH via Icy and then install Cydia manually . On the plus side the download is only 3.2 mb because it is only packaged with Icy. Also to note not all jailbreak apps work with this right now because it is not fully finished. Some work, some don't.

Be warned this is NOT Dev Team approved. This 3.0 Jailbreak while using the Dev Team's Windows jailbreak software and method is not using files packaged by the Dev Team. If you are worried about the possibility of breaking your phone then we do not recommend using this beta Jailbreak. On the other hand it has been reported to work so if you are feeling adventuresome this may be an option.

Note: This will not unlock your iPhone 3g. Don't ask.

Download (Windows only):
    MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
    http://quickpwn2-2-1.googlecode.com/...N-30-beta2.zip

YOU WILL ALSO NEED SERVICE PACK 3 FOR WINDOWS AND UPDATED .NET FRAMEWORKS TO RUN QUICKPWN 302

THIS WILL NOT RUN ON A VIRTUAL MACHINE. YOU MUST HAVE A LEGIT PC TO RUN IT

THANKS JESSEMIGA FOR TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM AND TRYING IT OUT!

THIS WILL UPGRADE YOU BASEBAND, SO IF YOU NEED TO UNLOCK IN THE FUTURE YOU WILL BE OUT OF LUCK

If you do this you are experimenting because I have not done it and there is no MMI feedback yet. There is tons of feedback where I got this from but I only trust my MMI brethren! EDIT: WE NOW HAVE MULTIPLE CONFIRMATIONS

Supported firmware: 7A238j (beta 1), beta 2 (7A259g)

Supported devices: iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iTouch 1G

I will update this list as feedback comes in

THIS WILL INSTALL ICY

Software from Cydia, which works:
    - SSH + SSL
    - MakeItMine
    - iBluetooth
    - MXTube
    - dTunes
    - xGPS
    - BossTool
    - Poof
    - Catergories
    - Liveclock
    - 5 row springboard
    - Status Notifier
    - Swap Tunes
    - xGPS
    - SysInfoPlus
    - PowerTool
    - Flashlight
    - AppFlow
    - CyDelete
    - Reflective Dock
    - Fontswap

Software that doesn't work:

- Winterboard and SBS
    - Backgrounder
    - Boss Prefs
    - 5 icon dock
    - Cycorder
    - qik
    - video recorder 3.0
    - snapture

Software from App Store, which works:
    - wunderradio
    - pandora
    - joost
    - directv
    - shazam

Installation:

1. Shift + Restore for the 3.0 firmware beta 2
    2. Run QuickPWN 030-2
    3. Choose:

iPhone 2G - Jailbreak, Activate
    iPhone 3G to register UUID - Jailbreak
    iPhone 3G without UUID - Jailbreak

4. Follow onscreen instructions
    5. Enjoy jailbroken 3.0 beta 2

THANKS DMBAIRD-
    Don't "Activate" if on AT&T
    If you're phone is registered with the dev program, dont chose activate if using quickpwn 030-2. It leaves your phone without a connection. I restored and tried again with only "jailbreak" selected and it worked fine. =]

Files needed:

Firmware 3.0 beta 2 for your device
    QuickPwn 030-2
    Windows Only

QuickPwn 030-2: I CAN PM THE LINK TO ANYONE WHO WANTS IT

DO NOT ASK FOR LINKS IN THE THREAD, IF YOU DO I WILL NOT SEND IT! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

DO NOT POST QUESTIONS ABOUT YOU KNOW WHAT! PM IF YOU MUST KNOW

IF YOU ARE ON A UNLOCKED 2G, YOU COULD RETAIN YOUR UNLOCK AFTER GOING TO 3.0!

Thanks to iMacMar!

if u upgrade and not restore to 3.0, and then jailbreak using quickpwn ( the one that installs icy ) and then and pwn using quickpwn ( the one that installs cydia ) , cydia will not work but cracked apps will...!!!!!!!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uunnzz View Post
    I did the same thing... for links you do:
    ln -s /private/var/stash/Applications /Applications
    ln -s /private/var/stash/Ringtones /Library/Ringtones

I moved everything and it worked. I was able to move everything and was able to copy some 3rd party apps and get them to run. I am having 2 problems though:

1. Icy does not want to install anything and gives me error #2. I checked permissions and tries resetting them but still get an error.
    2. SSH gives me an error and logs out. I tried installing Core Utils and MobileSubstrate and it did not help.

Anyone have ideas?
    Can you please post all of the commands? Like you would for a first grader. I just want to copy and paste into terminal. Much appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sid_iPhone` View Post
    if u upgrade and not restore to 3.0, and then jailbreak using quickpwn ( the one that installs icy ) and then and pwn using quickpwn ( the one that installs cydia ) , cydia will not work but cracked apps will...!!!!!!!!!!
    cracked apps, you fail me noob

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone have ideas?
    1. try changing Icy inside the Icy app to permission 6755 and i think that will fix that for ya

2. i have no idea?

It worked for me.
    to link: ln -s <ACTUAL LOCATION> <LINK LOCATION>
    you may want to change your folder permissions: chmod -R 0777 * or chmod -R a+rwx * in the applications folder.
    i definitely have a permission problem because i moved everything to /var/stash/Applications as described and now i have only the app store apps?

i am not sure what i am suppose to change:

1. just change the /var/stash/Applications folder to 0777 and recursive through out its contents?
    2. individually change each folder in their to 0777?
    3. individually change each folder in there and its contents to 0777?

i am using tramsit FTP client and can "get info" on any of these folders and change their permissions but i am lost as to what exactly i should change?

i have spent a lot of time searching before i posted here

thanks
    Last edited by fletch33; 2009-04-03 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

iPhone? More like MyPhone captjap's Avatar
    Thanks

Hello,

I am a non Dev and have my fully activated.

1. Install 3.0 b2 firmware
    2. run quickpwn
    3. download Iutilite (YouTube - Edit ipod touch/iphone System Strings with iUtilities)

new info, i found a cydia quickpwn the file that you download has two versions the first one you will see is icy but there is a second one that is 14mb that has cydia!!! good luck to anyone willing to try, there is no confirmation on cydia being stable on 3.0 yet but it definately gets it on there... the reason that you are having soo much trouble is that the icy version blocks cydia apparently

it is in fact tha app that determines if it is in landscape actually, how do you think appstore apps use landscape?

unfortunately i cant just post the app up here, but dont let that stop you

also im not jailbroken still because windows remains to be a peice of crap and quickpwn remains to be for windows only

Thanks

Hello,

I am a non Dev and have my iphone fully activated.
    Here is what I did:

2. run quickpwn
    3. download Iutilite (YouTube - Edit ipod touch/iphone System Strings with iUtilities)
    The video does not show how to change firmware.
    4. Install Iutilite
    5. Make sure your iphone is connected to your computer
    5. When it asks for IP and Password just hit the X to the window and let the program open. Do not let the update run (I had problems with this, you may not). What I did was delete the update program from the iutilite folder before it had a chance to run the update.
    6. Go to the strings tab in Iutilite
    7. Go to the area where it says change firmware from 2.1 to, and enter into the blank box: 2.1
    8. Click the OK
    9. I unplugged my iphone from my computer and plugged it back in. I tunes starts up and you should be able to activate. I had to try this a couple of times, but mine did work after the third or fourth try.

Good luck

This is where I got the info from originally:

iPhone OS 3.0 Jailbreak - Page 7 - QuickPWN Forums

Note Iutilite does not work on 64 bit clients and is windows only. I did this on vista 32bit

anyone know how to get appulo on icy? i just jailbroke it this morning after upgrading to 3.0b2 everything works after you add the repositories.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

sorry no warez on threads

Quote Originally Posted by captjap View Post
    Hello,

I am a non Dev and have my iphone fully activated.
    Here is what I did:

2. run quickpwn
    The video does not show how to change firmware.
    4. Install Iutilite
    5. Make sure your iphone is connected to your computer
    5. When it asks for IP and Password just hit the X to the window and let the program open. Do not let the update run (I had problems with this, you may not). What I did was delete the update program from the iutilite folder before it had a chance to run the update.
    6. Go to the strings tab in Iutilite
    7. Go to the area where it says change firmware from 2.1 to, and enter into the blank box: 2.1
    8. Click the OK
    9. I unplugged my iphone from my computer and plugged it back in. I tunes starts up and you should be able to activate. I had to try this a couple of times, but mine did work after the third or fourth try.

Good luck

This is where I got the info from originally:

iPhone OS 3.0 Jailbreak - Page 7 - QuickPWN Forums

Note Iutilite does not work on 64 bit clients and is windows only. I did this on vista 32bit
    nice find. if some one else can confirm, i will put it at the top of the thread. good job
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-04-03 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

crashzilla00 (2009-05-07)

iPhone? More like MyPhone fletch33's Avatar
    Thanks

i really really really want my apps back on my springboard LOL

can someone smarter than i please take a look at what i have done and try to help?

i definitely have a permission problem because i moved everything to /var/stash/Applications as described and now i have only the app store apps?

i did notice that in my root directory i know have a new Applications folder with the .old below it but when i "get info" on that new folder it has no size and is permanently set at 755 and has no size (0kb). however when i go to stash/Applications folder it has all my apps and it set at 777. i also went through that new /stash/Applications and manually gave each folder 777 permissions.

i am not sure what i am suppose to change:

1. just change the /var/stash/Applications folder to 0777 and recursive through out its contents?
    2. individually change each folder in their to 0777?
    3. individually change each folder in there and its contents to 0777?

i am using tramsit FTP client and can "get info" on any of these folders and change their permissions but i am lost as to what exactly i should change?

i have spent a lot of time searching before i posted here
    thanks
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

Icy 1.1 update is working fine for me - no issues.

Thanks

StealthBravo

I will post more detailed instructions later tonight, with some screenshots.

Again the procedure works it just took a couple of tries, please do not try if you are new to all this.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Fletch-
    i am trying to get a step by step going for this

20. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

crashzilla00 (2009-05-07)

I found a log file for Cydia in /var/tmp

dyld: Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MessageUI.framework/MessageUI
    Referenced from: /Applications/Cydia.app/Cydia_
    Reason: image not found
    The folder specified is no longer there

Thanks

lol..looks like that the main problem with jays code ,shh,winterboard,cydia,sbsettings, the all call on dyld!!!wich is no longer there in the system.b.lib... hmmmmm need the old one maybe it would work .never know might just work!!to bad i dont have it lol.

Page 17 of 464 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast