Page 159 of 464 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Whats the Kernel version on Beta 5, anyone know?

could anyone get mms works with default setting in iphone ?? I'm on a custom carrier and mms worked on beta 4 with custom updated ipcc, but with the default in beta 5, even i put the same setting but can't get it works. anyone ??

Thanks

I saw this guide on another site, I HAVE TESTED IT & WORKS LIKE A CHARM, ALL PROPS TO THE AUTHOR.. NICE WORK

This guide is for Firmware 3.0 Beta 5 (Upgrading from Beta4)
    Tested and working on iPhone 3G (Please confirm if it works on other devices)
    You will need
    * A Dev Account!
    * iTunes 8.2
    * Beta 4 ipsw file
    * Beta 5 ipsw file
    * QuickPWN for Beta 4 (Windows only im afraid)
    * SSH Access to your iPhone

1.) Sync your iPhone with iTunes and make any kind of backup you wish (just in-case you get it all wrong) I like to write a list of installed apps just so I know what to put back.

2.) I upgraded on a Mac so Alt+Upgrade was pressed, Windows is Shift+Upgrade (if you didnt know that please leave now as it gets quite technical) select the Beta 5 IPSW and let it do its thing. (If it fails first try just replug and try again)

3.) After successful upgrade you will see it all still works just no JB Apps show and any Hacked IPA's (if your that sort of person) wont run

4.) Use QuickPWN for Beta 4 on your iPhone and use the Beta 4 ipsw when it asks. Unclick Activate when it gives you the option.

5.) Use ICY to install openSSH

6.) SSH into your iPhones root to replace SYMLINKS as follows

* Copy entire /Applications folder to your machine then delete it from your iPhone
    * Browse to /private/var/stash/Applications.pwn and put the entire contents of the Applications folder you have on your machine inside. Click yes to all to overwrite.
    * Go back to root and create a SYMLINK called Applications to /private/var/stash/Apllications.pwn

Do exactly the same for the following

* /System/Library/Fonts --- private/var/stash/Fonts.pwn
    * /usr/include --- private/var/stash/include.pwn
    * /usr/libexec --- private/var/stash/libexec.pwn
    * /Library/Ringtones --- private/var/stash/Ringtones.pwn
    * /usr/share --- private/var/stash/share.pwn
    * /usr/bin --- private/var/stash/usrbin.pwn
    * /Library/Wallpaper --- private/var/stash/Wallpaper.pwn

Now go to var/stash/Applications.pwn and give the entire folder and its contents 777 perms

7.) Respring then Hard Reboot

8.) SSH into your device and replace the Installd file if you need to and set perm to 755 (People know if they need to do this)

9.) Re-QuickPWN using QuickPWN for beta 4 and the Beta 4 ipsw

SUCCESS

You now have Beta 5! No loss of Contacts, Notes, Settings, IPA's etc etc!

The unusual thing you will notice is that in ICY under installed apps there is nothing listed, if you SSH in and view you Applications.pwn list you can re-install them pretty quickly and they will then show up.

UPDATE: PLEASE REFER TO THE ORIGINAL AUTHORS GUIDE, BELOW FOR THE FULL TUTORIAL

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ml#post4098851
    Last edited by nickh; 2009-05-08 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Edited.. for the original authors request
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

Quote Originally Posted by jarednl4 View Post
    Is it worth upgrading to b5? I was happy with b3, and now I'm having problems with b4...I can't keep a wifi or 3G connection...it keeps dropping both and sitting in EDGE (I'm in NYC with full 3G coverage). Very annoying when I'm trying to use the REMOTE program.

Should I upgrade to b5 or go back down to b3? It sounds like they've disabled MMS in b5 (not that I ever got it working anyway).
    You can no longer go back to beta 3, as it expired today.

Each beta expires 10 days after the next is released.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickh View Post
    Jailbreak 3.0 Beta 5

I saw this guide on another site, I HAVE NOT TESTED IT, but thought someone might be game enough too.

This guide is for Firmware 3.0 Beta 5 (Upgrading from Beta4)
    Tested and working on iPhone 3G (Please confirm if it works on other devices)
    You will need
    * A Dev Account!
    * iTunes 8.2
    * Beta 4 ipsw file
    * Beta 5 ipsw file
    * QuickPWN for Beta 4 (Windows only im afraid)
    * SSH Access to your iPhone

1.) Sync your iPhone with iTunes and make any kind of backup you wish (just in-case you get it all wrong) I like to write a list of installed apps just so I know what to put back.

2.) I upgraded on a Mac so Alt+Upgrade was pressed, Windows is Shift+Upgrade (if you didnt know that please leave now as it gets quite technical) select the Beta 5 IPSW and let it do its thing. (If it fails first try just replug and try again)

3.) After successful upgrade you will see it all still works just no JB Apps show and any Hacked IPA's (if your that sort of person) wont run

4.) Use QuickPWN for Beta 4 on your iPhone and use the Beta 4 ipsw when it asks. Unclick Activate when it gives you the option.

5.) Use ICY to install openSSH

6.) SSH into your iPhones root to replace SYMLINKS as follows

* Copy entire /Applications folder to your machine then delete it from your iPhone
    * Browse to /private/var/stash/Applications.pwn and put the entire contents of the Applications folder you have on your machine inside. Click yes to all to overwrite.
    * Go back to root and create a SYMLINK called Applications to /private/var/stash/Apllications.pwn

Do exactly the same for the following

* /System/Library/Fonts --- private/var/stash/Fonts.pwn
    * /usr/include --- private/var/stash/include.pwn
    * /usr/libexec --- private/var/stash/libexec.pwn
    * /Library/Ringtones --- private/var/stash/Ringtones.pwn
    * /usr/share --- private/var/stash/share.pwn
    * /usr/bin --- private/var/stash/usrbin.pwn
    * /Library/Wallpaper --- private/var/stash/Wallpaper.pwn

Now go to var/stash/Applications.pwn and give the entire folder and its contents 777 perms

7.) Respring then Hard Reboot

8.) SSH into your device and replace the Installd file if you need to and set perm to 755 (People know if they need to do this)

9.) Re-QuickPWN using QuickPWN for beta 4 and the Beta 4 ipsw

SUCCESS

You now have Beta 5! No loss of Contacts, Notes, Settings, IPA's etc etc!

The unusual thing you will notice is that in ICY under installed apps there is nothing listed, if you SSH in and view you Applications.pwn list you can re-install them pretty quickly and they will then show up.
    This method is not Stealth approved, so I will not be attempting it.

@nickh

That guide is from non-other than this forum! It is mine and it is not official, it is only for the brave and is a sloppy way of getting JB on Beta 5.
    I can confirm it works and it works well, Whoever copied and pasted it though took out the warnings, there are also screenshots to prove it.

The proper link is in my Sig

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Can't wait for beta 5 quckpwn

Thanks

@ Sheeshum I have just tested it & worked like a charm for me too... the site i got it from had NO screen shots nor warnings,, I only posted it for as you stated the "brave" as the steps you have outlined, unless you were, you wouldn't try anyway.

P.S

At no time I tried to steel your thunder,, thumbs up to you.
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

Wicked another Happy Customer!

I know you didnt try to steal my thunder. Im not asking for any "thunder". Its just a quick fix I knew back from 2.1 that I wanted to test with 3.0 and it worked. I will be using the excact same method to Lossless Upgrade to Official 3.0 B5 and JB with QuickPWN for B5 if and when in comes out.

Can you edit the post you copied in on though and put the warnings in from mine on here, or just delete it and put a link.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smeeshum View Post
    Wicked another Happy Customer!

I know you didnt try to steal my thunder. Im not asking for any "thunder". Its just a quick fix I knew back from 2.1 that I wanted to test with 3.0 and it worked. I will be using the excact same method to Lossless Upgrade to Official 3.0 B5 and JB with QuickPWN for B5 if and when in comes out.

Can you edit the post you copied in on though and put the warnings in from mine on here, or just delete it and put a link.

Thanks
    Done!! All props to you... as they should be!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm waiting for jailbreak from Stealth "THE MAN" .......

Thanks

grip has been updated to GriP 0.1-11k (=r295) (beta) for all who want it its on my private repo

Thanks

hoping the jailbreak comes out today
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

Quote Originally Posted by chronzz View Post
    grip has been updated to GriP 0.1-11k (=r295) (beta) for all who want it its on my private repo
    do you know what´s new??? the dev did not publish changelog this time

I jailbroke beta 5 by selecting the beta 4 firmware with QuickPWN Beta 4. Works fine!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Using an older quickpwn to jailbreak the new betas is nothing new. Don't you all remember your app store apps not working? Everyone tries it because they are impatient. It is not a good idea.

The correct jailbreak for beta 5 is done and ready to go. I will be writing up the guide and setting up links. Give me a couple hours and you will be happy.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

dragon974 (2009-05-08), jordan04 (2009-05-08), lightmaster (2009-05-08), lshin037 (2009-05-08), saronline (2009-05-08), Zehlek (2009-05-08)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Using an older quickpwn to jailbreak the new betas is nothing new. Don't you all remember your app store apps not working? Everyone tries it because they are impatient. It is not a good idea.

The correct jailbreak for beta 5 is done and ready to go. I will be writing up the guide and setting up links. Give me a couple hours and you will be happy.
    Way to go!

Thanks

Awesome can wait.

Thanks

@ares07 it's only bug fixes and now it supports push email

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BeSweeet View Post
    I jailbroke beta 5 by selecting the beta 4 firmware with QuickPWN Beta 4. Works fine!!
    I tried and it says I selected a firmware that is incompatible with the firmware on my divice I am currently using

Page 159 of 464 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast