Page 126 of 464 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 9277

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 3.0 All Inclusive Jailbroken Awesomeness!

Thanks

uninstall cydia then try again
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

can someone tell me what;s the installd patch for? i've been reading the this forum and i see people installing it, but i'm not clear on what it does. on the front page its says it for if some of you apps are not working. does it mean icy apps or appstore apps? because all my appstore apps work fine. it's just that i can't sync them on my itunes, i get an error saying they are unverified, but thats it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SBik2's Avatar
    Thanks
    edit: im using cyberduck..cyberduck works fine.. but when i just opened terminal for the heck of it, terminal gives me the error
    Last edited by SBik2; 2009-05-01 at 06:37 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SBik2 View Post
    terminal.and cyberduck.. cyberduck wouldnt work so i used terminal to see the problem
    terminal has been having problems sshing since beta 1. Cyberduck works for me tho. what does it say in cyberduck?

edit: im using cyberduck..cyberduck works fine.. but when i just opened terminal for the heck of it, terminal gives me the error
    Terminal has always given that error. I have Winscp bottled with crossover to do command line sshing
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-05-01 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    terminal has been having problems sshing since beta 1. Cyberduck works for me tho. what does it say in cyberduck?

Terminal has always given that error. I have Winscp bottled with crossover to do command line sshing
    nothin.. cyberduck works.. but my phone keeps turning off by itself.. should i just restore?.. i used update to b4..

Thanks

nothin.. cyberduck works.. but my phone keeps turning off by itself.. should i just restore?.. i used update to b4..
    it reboots or just turns off? It is always better to restore and start with a clean slate. What programs do you have installed in icy?

iPhone? More like MyPhone realtimedeath's Avatar
    Thanks

you know what i did use that stinkin torrent firmware cuz my dev wasnt getting back to me i gonna be a long nite gotta do this again hope it is a bad firmware cuz now it hangs when it gets to the waiting for phone to reboot in recovery mode

Thanks
    it reboots or just turns off? It is always better to restore and start with a clean slate. What programs do you have installed in icy?
    it just shut off
    yah im doing a restore now...
    i had cydia and respring installed though.
    Last edited by SBik2; 2009-05-01 at 06:54 AM.

Thanks

good luck, let us know

Thanks

did you happen to do the gps disabling? That would explain the phone turning off by it self! JK
    I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something. -- Jackie Mason

I asked this earlier and maybe this isn't the thread to ask such a question. What is the purpose of jailbreaking your iPhone if you can't customize it, use it as a "thumb drive", etc? Icy doesn't seem to have much to offer. There was a cool app called SwirlyMMS but it never worked for me.

Many of you are programmers and use SSH to access the files and make changes. I don't know enough about SSH and iPhone. If I could customize via SSH then I'd love to learn more about it. But it seems to me that for most people, having a jailbroken phone allows to have themes, ringtones, fonts, etc that are unavailable with the plain/jane iPhone.

Any thoughts/responses are welcome. Figured this late some people may have opinions or would take the time to explain to me what the purpose of having a jailbroken phone at this time.

E

1G JB ready yet?

Thanks

you got any idead why the quickpwn would hang like that

Thanks
    good luck, let us know
    everytime itunes gets my phone ready to be restored... my phone boots up to the home screen

i have a feeling its gona be a long night

im getting error 1602

EDIT:::: Nevermind.. i just put the phone into DFU and its restoring now.. too bad i have school in the morning.. darn california standardized tests...
    Last edited by SBik2; 2009-05-01 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks

check it out, i dont think the firmware would have installed correctly if it was messed would it, the pwn was still hangin on that part so i unplugged the phone and manually put it in recovery mode and the pwn started its finishing now you think maybe the device driver was installed improperly and maybe i should reinstall that?

late its already late here on the east coast
    Last edited by realtimedeath; 2009-05-01 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I know better......I installed Family Guy theme. Then when I went into Winterboard and came back out, all was f'd up. I did this exact same thing last time. I tried to jailbreak again & that didn't work. Now I am going through iTunes and I have the pink screen telling me to connect my phone to iTunes (which it is) and iTunes is hung up with the "Verifying the iPhone Update with Apple" message. Now I have to restore??? I am like a kid that did something before and was punished but tried to do it again to see if it would work.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by griff1211 View Post
    I asked this earlier and maybe this isn't the thread to ask such a question. What is the purpose of jailbreaking your iPhone if you can't customize it, use it as a "thumb drive", etc? Icy doesn't seem to have much to offer. There was a cool app called SwirlyMMS but it never worked for me.

Many of you are programmers and use SSH to access the files and make changes. I don't know enough about SSH and iPhone. If I could customize via SSH then I'd love to learn more about it. But it seems to me that for most people, having a jailbroken phone allows to have themes, ringtones, fonts, etc that are unavailable with the plain/jane iPhone.

Any thoughts/responses are welcome. Figured this late some people may have opinions or would take the time to explain to me what the purpose of having a jailbroken phone at this time.

E
    There are still some apps available that aren't in the app store. For some people there may not be a reason the jailbreak your phone (except coolness factor I guess lol)
    I use ssh, bosstool and dtunes non stop.

Does it feel good ripping off lilstevie & My bundle for beta 4??

The md5's match...

Explanation now...

Claiming something as your own when it's not...

I'd love to hear this story...

Once I get my phone working again I will try dtunes and bosstool. They look like things that would be worth having. Now I have to restore back to 2.2.1 because I was nieve and thought installing the Family Guy theme wouldn't mess up my phone like it did last time. I just might keep it at the latest & official OS release. I love the new features coming for OS 3.0. But I am going to lose all my contacts, etc for the 2nd time in three weeks.

Thanks

^ what are you talking about?

Page 126 of 464 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast