Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: For anyone that upgraded to 2.2.1 now with an ibrick

Thumbs up For anyone that upgraded to 2.2.1 now with an ibrick
    ok I have been looking all over the net, and there was no way to get my iphone 3g back to working... I was pissed at the fact i had a ibrick for 2 weeks, then i found the light. im not advertising or anything gay, just saying how i got it done..
    First buy that gevey 3g thing from ebay. 10$ w/ free shipping.... 5 days later i got it. I restored my iphone with the itunes update (im running the latest itunes and iphone software) and a clean version of 2.2.1. REJAILBROKE my phone with quickpwn.... did nothing on cydia, but installed it. went through those motions and reinserted my sim card / gevey combo. and bam, Tmobile in the top right.....
    now, there was no internet, i could make calls, but no internet access without wifi.... did some reasearch and went SETTINGS-GENERAL-NETWORK-CELLULAR DATA NETWORK-
    put APN as : epc.tmobile.com

turned on data roaming and 3g waited for signal to come back and now its working just fine...
    note: this was my experience, im posting this for the poor basterd who is going to scour the net for 2 weeks with an Ibrick, borrowing his wife's phone everyday and hearing her ***** about you being on the computer all the damn time...
    take care
    jayson

Glad you got it working....more glad your wife isnt yelling anymore,........well.......about that.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Wow just wow