Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G v. 2.2.1 Baseband 02.30 Help!

Angry Iphone 3G v. 2.2.1 Baseband 02.30 Help!
    Hello,

I have a new iphone 3g v 2.2.1 with baseband 02.30 and i have the gevey plus 2 turbo sim. this sim is suppose to work with v 2.2.1 and baseband 02.30 but everytime i use it i get the msg: "diffrent sim detected please connect to itunes" i have tried restoring it to factory settings and then doing it but i still get the same msg.
    Additional Info:
    1. The iphone is current jailbroken with pwnagetool 2.2.5
    2. The Iphone is activated, and i can use it with an AT&T sim
    3. I am trying to unlock so i can use with T-mobile, i have a new sim for T-mobile and it is activated and works as well.

If you have any ideas please help me out, i have serached many blogs and have not been able to find any answers that help.

Thanks, GreenWade

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

well when you put the turbo sim in with the Tmobile its asking you to re sync with itunes to accept the the simcard....
    are you doing this or just thinking "oh god, an error. better restore" ??
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

i have tried connecting to itunes but it does nothing. i still get the same error msg that different sim detected. someone else told me it might be because since i bought my phone from at&t and that i activated using an At&t sim it is linked to that. my iphone and that sim card are linked and i must create a custom firmware and re-jail break it. does anyone know how to do this? i have a mac.

ok so i have managed to fix this problem, i restored my iphone with its sim card out with itunes. then i used the pwnage program to make a custom firmware and activated and jailbroke my phone with that. now when i put in the turbo sim everything works but after it recognized my carrier it doesnt hold the signal, the iphone will either say no service or no siginal. any ideas on what to do? i am currently roaming on t-mobile maybe that could be it?
    Last edited by GreenWade88; 2009-03-29 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Have you turned 3G off?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

yes i have turned 3g off and also have turned data roaming on.

When you jailbroke did you have the T-Mob SIM in or the AT&T SIM.
    If you had the AT&T SIM in it I would tyr with the T-Mob SIM (and vice-versa)
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

hmm ive tried it wither no sim in and i think i tried it with my turbo and tmobile sim in. ill give it a try with the at&t sim and if that doesnt work ill try with just the t-mobile sim without the turbo sim attached and see what happens. ill keep yall posted

Greenwade 88... did it work for you? cause i'll be damned if it worked for me, let us know!