Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No SIM Message After 3.0 Downgrade

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Default No SIM Message After 3.0 Downgrade
    Hey,
    I recently downgraded 3.0 to 2.2.1 and everything went smoothly but today I got a "No SIM Card" Message. I just did a respring and it I had service again but now it is showing the No SIM message again and a respring and reboot did not fix it. Is it from having a 3.0 baseband on 2.2.1 firmware? How can I fix this?

:edit: lol, right after I posted this the No SIM message went away and I have service again, this is just a little bug from having 3.0 baseband on 2.2.1 that i am going to just have to deal with until June right?
    iLive an iLife

Thanks

Thats why i am waiting for june and 3.0 jailbreak

Thanks

don't see how that answers my question but thanks for your contribution...
    iLive an iLife

How did you downgrade? I have tried and no luck, the phone just errors during "preparing the iphone for restore"

I then have to run quickpwn, hold home and power for 15 seconds and then restart the phone. Seems I am stuck with 3.0 for some reason. It is quite buggy.

Thanks

I had an interesting situation. I woke up this morning with the SWOD so I basically just put it in DFU and used Pwnage to Pwn it and restored with a custom 2.2.1 FW. QuickPWN wouldnt recognize the phone for me so I used Pwnage Tool and it worked fine....at least till this lol

I saw on another website a guy posted this:

"For all of those with carrier issues, if you don’t know why that’s happening its because 3.0 updated your baseband, which you cannot change, at least I thought so. I’m posting a link from my iDisk for a custom restore that i created with pwnage tool, this ipsw does not include cydia, or installer, and does not activate your phone, but from what I’ve heard, it is possible to get your baseband down using a custom restore. Try it out and let me know if it works for you or not as I had no need to actually test it myself."

He also provided a link for the FW, does he not know what he is talking about or can you downgrade the baseband? It was my understanding that you cant no matter what
    Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 2009-03-27 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iLive an iLife

I don't believe that you can downgrade the baseband. I have never heard of anyone doing it successfully at least.

I guess realistically those of us who upgraded to 3.0 might be stuck with it until the final release.

My only issues with 3.0 are the bugs, which there a quite a few. The phone still works but it is often buggy enough to be an annoyance.