Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone still activated from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3

Default iPhone still activated from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3
    Hi guys!

I just wanted to share something very interesting that happened to me while upgrading my girlfriend's iPhone. So, here is the story:

Me and my girlfriend bought ourselves each one iPhone and i was taking care of both of them (jailbreak, unlock - as we are from EU). The phones were OTB 1.0.2
    Everything went just fine with all the updates and everything (always waited for the unlock and followed the tutorials... ) until our last update from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3

My update went smooth, i was on 1.1.3 soft update at first, but then i restored to 1.1.1, usual oktoprep, jailbreak.jar and then from 1.1.2 proceeded to 1.1.3. I activated and jailbroke my phone using ZiPhone, unlocked with AnySim 1.3, everything works

But then i wanted to update my girlfriends phone, something went weird...
    I did the same stuff, went through the same steps, (except the soft update) but when i clicked update (from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3) in iTunes, the phone firmware updated successfully, but then when it should restart and come to activation screen it DIDN'T! It was activated right there!

I dont know how this happened, but sure was sweet Unfortunately it wasnt jailbroken aswell so when i started ZiPhone with -j arguments it encountered an error and everything went back to normal - activate screen.

Did anybody else experience anything similar? I would really like to track this anomaly down.

enjoy

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you updated her phone rather than restore right? that could be the reason that it went through and remained activated as it an update does not wipe the phone and put it into a clean state. no harm done though. glad everything worked out