Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g

Default Iphone 3g
    I bought an Iphone from a guy on craigslist that was supposed to already be unlocked/jailbroken. There is no Cydia or installer icon and when I put my sim card in it tells me there is no service. If I turn flight mode on and then off, it says the sim is invalid. So I think that this thing isn't actually jailbroken at all.

What do I need to do to make sure I get this thing jailbroke? The guy said something about if I restore I don't do this or need to do that, but he was really hard to understand because he spoke so fast.

Would it be best to restore and the rejailbreak? Do I need to put it in recovery mode in order to restore? I found a lot of different websites saying that I need the original sim to restore. I don't have that.

I'm not sure what details you need but it has:

Iphone 3G
    Firmware Version 2.2.1 (5h11)
    Carrier AT&T 3.1 - I'm trying to use tmobile
    Modem Firmware Verison 02.30.03

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    Last edited by talicme2; 2009-03-24 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Details Added

Well, you can jailbreak it using either Pwnage or Quickpwn.

HOWEVER, baseband 02.30.03 is NOT unlockable. So your stuck there. He lied to you.

Unless you bought an officially unlocked iphone....which I seriously doubt.

Modem Firmware Verison 02.30.03 = no software unlock... sorry
    you could try a rebel sim or turbo sim.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by talicme2 View Post
    I bought an Iphone from a guy on craigslist that was supposed to already be unlocked/jailbroken. There is no Cydia or installer icon and when I put my sim card in it tells me there is no service. If I turn flight mode on and then off, it says the sim is invalid. So I think that this thing isn't actually jailbroken at all.

What do I need to do to make sure I get this thing jailbroke? The guy said something about if I restore I don't do this or need to do that, but he was really hard to understand because he spoke so fast.

Would it be best to restore and the rejailbreak? Do I need to put it in recovery mode in order to restore? I found a lot of different websites saying that I need the original sim to restore. I don't have that.

I'm not sure what details you need but it has:

Iphone 3G
    Firmware Version 2.2.1 (5h11)
    Carrier AT&T 3.1 - I'm trying to use tmobile
    Modem Firmware Verison 02.30.03

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

damn that sucks man, that is why craigslist is so dangerous, i rarely buy phones off there unless its brand new.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+

Yea that does suck. So I can't make calls. Can I at least get any apps even official ones? What about the ipod part? Would that still work? I don't have a sync cable so that's why I don't just check it myself.

^You can jailbreak it and use everything but the "phone". Of course data would have to be over WIFI.

Well that's good, at least I can use it for something while I wait for a fix.