Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g in restore mode.

Default Iphone 3g in restore mode.
    Hi guys!

Wondering if any1 can help me. I have an iphone 3g in restore mode and i wanna jailbreak it and unlock it. How can i check to see wat modem firmware it has? Actually sore its not in restore mode its in slide for emergency thing. I cannot access my apps but i can phone emergency numbers! Please if some1 can help me it would be really appreciated

iPhone? More like MyPhone lillstar12's Avatar
    Thanks

Dont think there is a way unless you can get into the settings, only thing i can suggest is that you build a custom ipsw and give it a try , fingers crossed it will work. Do you know which version of software you have on it and have you ever jailbroken it before ?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

When did you get it? Did you buy it new? What is the serial? (dont tell us the serial, but if you know it you may be able to do a serial lookup thread and see what firmware Apple loaded on it). If it is an older serial and the phone was not just unboxed, it is, of course, possible that the firmware loaded on it is newer than that which Apple loaded on it before shipping it from the factory.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

well a friend of mine bought it from the UK. I dont know y its in restore mode! So im pretty screwed and i have to wait for the new updated unlock by the dev team! just to be safe!

Open it with Quickpwn 2.2.5. Do the 1st step, then it will let you know what firmware you are running.

When i say "it", i mean quickpwn.
    Last edited by joefx13; 2009-03-24 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost