Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Baseband update for windows?

iPhone? More like MyPhone owais123's Avatar
    Thanks

Default No Baseband update for windows?
    i need to update my iphone but i cant update my baseband because yellowsn0w doesnt work on 2.2.1 withouth being on baseband 2.28.08. i used to have a mac and pwnage tool and i know theres a way to not update baseband on mac but what about windows? does anybody know a way? even manually?

Have someone with a Mac make you a custom firmware with Pwnage. That's the only method I know of. Him121213 hooked me up with one. Shoot a PM his way incase he doesn't see this thread

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LastSonOfKrypton For This Useful Post:

owais123 (2009-03-22)

[ame=http://www.zshare.net/download/556857553b828aa3]zSHARE - iPhone1_2_2.2.1_5H11_Custom_Restore.ipsw[/ame]

this ought to do it for ya

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

owais123 (2009-03-22)

iPhone? More like MyPhone owais123's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    Have someone with a Mac make you a custom firmware with Pwnage. That's the only method I know of. Him121213 hooked me up with one. Shoot a PM his way incase he doesn't see this thread
    looks like he did thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    thanks!

or you could download FWCHANGER from cydia. then respring your device. and trick your system into thinking its running 2.2.1 when your on 2.2.

Ok so i'm jb and unlocked, i'd like to upgrade to 2.2.1...so i downloaded this file...so i can use this with quickpwn on windows correct?..so do i do this update the same way in itunes as i've did before, holding down the shift key and selecting this firmware correct? once i did this i just re-jb again with the same firmware right? sorry i'm just alittle worried bout screwin something up and not be able to use my phone again..

Download FWCHANGER from cydia. Thats the easiest way. There arent enough noticeable changes to upgrade to 2.2.1.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

joefx u just love fwchanger dont ya

Its easier than updating to 2.2.1. lol

the only reason i wanted to upgrade the fw is cause my safari crashes alot...is safari any more stable in the newest fw?

joefx: fwchanger doesnt help anything, it is just a tool for procrastinators

lunercrab: just put your phone into dfu mode and shift click restore in itunes then find ur ipsw, nothing else

lastsonofkrypton: i see all threads

joefx: fwchanger doesnt help anything, it is just a tool for procrastinators

lunercrab: just put your phone into dfu mode and shift click restore in itunes then find ur ipsw, nothing else

lastsonofkrypton: i see all threads
    Its not procrastination, its just called being smart. There is no need to restore and waste time when you can download a simple program that will serve as the same purpose.
    (depending what you need 2.2.1 for)
    Anyhow, if i knew you needed 2.2.1 because safari, then shift+restore with the custom ispw will work.
    Although, safari could be crashing due to the amount of system memory free when your using it.

itis for procrastinators, if you are too lazy to do a simple restore it is your problem, but i would never suggest using fwchanger for anything because it can cause more problems than it solves. there are soo many compatibility issues while using fwchanger (when downgrading) upgrading only gets rid of itunes nagging you all the time. you wont et any of the new features when upgrading... bottom line its useless

really there is now reason to upgrade to 2.2.1 unless you are on at&t and want the new baseband