Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T, Unlock, Activation, Jailbreak, No WiFi (Greyed out) Problems. Please Help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default AT&T, Unlock, Activation, Jailbreak, No WiFi (Greyed out) Problems. Please Help.
    Hey Everyone I'm after a bit of help.

I am trying to help my mate out they has just moved to Australia from the USA and they currently have a 3G iPhone on an AT&T plan it has Firmware 2.2 with baseband 2.28.00 on it and I am trying to Jailbreak it and Unlock it for them.

First I used quickpwn to jailbreak it with success however when I went to set up the WIFI to download yellowsnow to unlock it was all greyed out and I was unable to select any WIFI networks.

Second I then did a restore to the factory Firmware 2.2 with baseband 2.28.00 and it was still greyed out?

Third I tried to use the Pwnage Tool and Firmware 2.2 with baseband 2.28.00 to create a custom firmware still with no luck.

Fourth & last I tried Pwnage Tool and Firmware 2.2.1 with baseband 2.28.00 to create a custom firmware and I still get nothing.

The phone just won't allow me to use the WIFI it's all greyed out.

From what they know the WIFI use to work before I started playing with it and now we have nothing at all.

Does anyone know what the problem could be and how I can fix it?

Cheers

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Does anyone know anything about this? I need to get this sorted ASAP..

Where I am at right now is the phone is on the standard un-jailbroken firmware 2.2 BB 2.28.00.

The WIFI doesn't work and I get this message that pops up on the screen saying "Waiting for activation. This may take some time" As her AT&T simcard can't get signal here in Australia it won't activate I just sits there plugged into iTunes with the same result.

Would I be right in saying that the WIFI won't come back until it gets AT&T signal to activate the phone?
    Last edited by srbug; 2009-03-23 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone punklove's Avatar
    Thanks

have u tried putting it into dfu, restoring to a custom firmware that is activated- then just download yellowsnow off the web somewhere- then use DiskAid to transfer it via USB? does that work? i dont know, just an idea...
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No I haven't tired that yet. I had read about diskaid and other programs that let you access your iPhone via USB cable.

However I thought that yellowsnow could only be downloaded through cydia.

I did this afternoon discover a program after hours of reading called Quicksnow that can apparently jailbreak/unlock in one step.

I'll try that tonight and report back on how I go.

Something tells me that it isn't going to work though as I have already installed a custom firmware via pwnage tool and told it to activate for me but it still doesn't work.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________

OK UPDATE

I used quicksnow and it was a success to some extent.

I now have the phone jailbroken and unlocked on FW 2.2 BB 2.28.00 however the WIFI is still grey and I am unable to access it.

Does anyone know how I can get it back?

Cheers
    Last edited by srbug; 2009-03-23 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost