Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g service issue

Default iphone 3g service issue
    I have a jailbroken iphone 3g running on 2.1 with a gevey3g for my T-Mobile sim. Recently I would randomly stop getting service, or when I had service, I wouldn't get any incoming calls or texts( if so they were delayed many hours). What are the solutions to this? Thanks.

Would updating to 2.2.1 fix these problems?

Upgrade your phone to 2.2 (not 2.2.1), and unlock with yellowsn0w. It could be the sim unlocker that is giving you this problem. Yellowsn0w is alot more reliable than any sim unlocker.

I have the 02.11.07 baseband, should that be updated?

I saw on the devteam site that I should preserve my baseband, but should my baseband be updated, or should I stay with 02.11.07?

If you read on their site you'll learn that YellowSn0w only works with baseband 02.28.00, so you would need to update.

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    If you read on their site you'll learn that YellowSn0w only works with baseband 02.28.00, so you would need to update.
    so would I have to download the 2.2 ipsw, and then unlock?
    What if I decide to continue using my sim adapter?

Yes you would need to install 2.2 for YellowSn0w, or continue using your sim adaptor, well....buy another one since yours crapped out.

With 2.2 you wont need a sim unlocker. You can download any 2.2 firmware, it will come with a baseband of 2.28 which is unlockable with yellowsn0w.