Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking 1.1.4 breaks sound?

Default Jailbreaking 1.1.4 breaks sound?
    After an easy method to JB 1.1.4 came out (thanks Ziphone!) I restored my phone, upgraded, jailbreaked, and began downloading, installing, and otherwise getting my phone back to its normal state i.e. all the apps, themese, ringtones, etc. installed. However, after a few hours I noticed that none of the sound is working: no rings, no clicks, no phonecalls, nothing.

I rebooted, hard started, synced, and uninstalled to no avail, and eventually restored the phone back to pristine 1.1.4 and began the jailbreak/install process again. Again, it worked for a few hours and then lost all sound, at which point I restored and jailbreaked, but only installed the bare minimum of applications, thinking that one of them broked my sound. This is all I installed:

Summerboard
    Customize
    iSolitare
    Crosswalk
    BSD System
    OpenSSH

A few hours later the sound cut out again and I decided to restore the phone but not jailbreak to see if its something to do with my phone or if its something to do with jailbreaking it. So far its been 24 hours and sound has remained.

However, since I did not jailbreak, I can't SSH and set permissions for the Mail.app to work; is there way to fix the mail.app without jailbreaking OR is there a way to stop my sound from disappearing after I JB? Is anyone else experiencing the sound stopping? Thanks so much.

after jailbreaking las night, I too have had the same problem. I found that going to the settings menu and using the "reset all settings" worked for me (though i reset and restored just to be safe).

Specifically, I noticed it when I installed the BSD system. to avoid the problem and still jailbreak, make sure to exit the installer every time after you install a new source and program leading up to installing the BSD system. after that, install the 1.1.4 application fix and exit again. after installing all of that, the queues and all other jailbroken functions should work, thus the mail fix.

following that order, I haven't had the sound problem occur again. however, it could have been just luck on my part. good thing you can always use restore!

same happend to me i dont really know whats going on with all this ziphone cause a few people said everything works and then the rest having issues with this and that like me i forgot how many times i restore the phone due to a different erros like cant install sendsong,sendpics and call id and the other day was cant connect to youtube or the internet and finally today was the sound thing i was so mad you have no idea. i was so fine like a week ago with my phone 1.1.2 jb with no problem never ever. and i decide to upgrade it and now im fk so at the end i have my phone just with 1.1.4 with nothing and waiting to see if all this situation change. but thanks anyway i know its gonna be fixed it. is just that im so impatient thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by vykvyper1 View Post
    after jailbreaking las night, I too have had the same problem. I found that going to the settings menu and using the "reset all settings" worked for me (though i reset and restored just to be safe).

Specifically, I noticed it when I installed the BSD system. to avoid the problem and still jailbreak, make sure to exit the installer every time after you install a new source and program leading up to installing the BSD system. after that, install the 1.1.4 application fix and exit again. after installing all of that, the queues and all other jailbroken functions should work, thus the mail fix.

following that order, I haven't had the sound problem occur again. however, it could have been just luck on my part. good thing you can always use restore!

Reset all settings worked
    but.. what should i do now to avoid losing my sounds again?
    whats the 1.1.4 app fix?? where is it :P

ty

Thanks vykvyper1; for anyone else having this issue, the fix is to go to 'General Settings' and reset all settings.