Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 2g 2.2 confusion

Default iphone 2g 2.2 confusion
    hey guys,

first off i'm really really sorry if this has been posted (i'm very sure it has) but I've been rooting thru so many topics I'm pretty much lost and have no idea what to do.

When I got my 2g phone I was on 1.1.4 but I upgraded to 2.2 using that custom firmware in the simple upgrade thread. Everything works fine except cydia. I want cydia to work and the only answer I've been getting is re-pwn your phone. I tried using SSH but everytime I try su / alpine it doesn't let me connect and when I do root/alpine and use apt-get commands i keep getting line 100 errors.

I do the apt-get update and it updates the sources but then it stops in the last 1/3rd and I have to abort. I also tried adding apptap.saukri.com or whatever it is and that didn't work..

I really want to get cydia working in 2.2 but I have no idea how..

thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

to use ssh you would have the app called open ssh which is available in cydia. I think that you have no other choice but to jailbreak again. I am by no means a pro at this but it seems like it would be worth the 5 minutes or so it would take to pwn again.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    to use ssh you would have the app called open ssh which is available in cydia. I think that you have no other choice but to jailbreak again. I am by no means a pro at this but it seems like it would be worth the 5 minutes or so it would take to pwn again.
    i downloaded the openssh from installer and it worked, i want to jailbreak again but I don't know where to start with firmware and quickpwn.