Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I Need 2.2 Custom Firmware with 2.28 baseband

Question I Need 2.2 Custom Firmware with 2.28 baseband
    hello guys

I've upgraded my iPhone 3G from (2.2 fw) to ( custom 2.2.1 fw) without upgrading the baseband ( still have the 2.28 )

everything works fine with me as well as the yellowsn0w unlock
    but for some reasons i need to get back to the 2.2 firmware without upgrading the baseband

I've found some download links for the version i'm looking for, but i am afraid that it will upgrade my baseband to 2.30.03 because i guess the links provided in the website below are directly from Apple website.
    [All iPhone & iTouch Firmwares] System Restore Image (download here) - Hackint0sh

how can i make sure it won't update my baseband?

The Version i need is iPhone 3G ( v2.2 Firmware with v2.28 Baseband

Are there anyone have that custom version?
    And what's the steps to do the Downgrade? is it similar to the Upgrade steps?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iFaden View Post
    hello guys

I've upgraded my iPhone 3G from (2.2 fw) to ( custom 2.2.1 fw) without upgrading the baseband ( still have the 2.28 )

everything works fine with me as well as the yellowsn0w unlock
    but for some reasons i need to get back to the 2.2 firmware without upgrading the baseband

I've found some download links for the version i'm looking for, but i am afraid that it will upgrade my baseband to 2.30.03 because i guess the links provided in the website below are directly from Apple website.
    [All iPhone & iTouch Firmwares] System Restore Image (download here) - Hackint0sh

how can i make sure it won't update my baseband?

The Version i need is iPhone 3G ( v2.2 Firmware with v2.28 Baseband

Are there anyone have that custom version?
    And what's the steps to do the Downgrade? is it similar to the Upgrade steps?
    This is the firmware I am using. It was created using Pwnage Tool so it does not affect the baseband. I do not know the steps to downgrade though.

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

WoW quick response !
    Thank You So much CaptainChaos

I'll download it and will try to find out how to downgrade

thanks again

2.2 will leave your baseband at 2.28. So there is no need to get custom firmware.
    all you need to do is download 2.2 firmware. Open itunes. Put the phone into DFU mode. Then once itunes recognizes it in DFU mode. hold down the shift button while you click on restore. Now pick the 2.2 firmware that youve downloaded. If after the restore the phone pops up with an error code, Close itunes. The open quickpwn 2.2.5 and it will tell you what to do to fix it.