Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Crash Central!!! please help

Default Crash Central!!! please help
    ok, so i've been at this iphone jailbreak thing since the old 1.1.2 days...i've done it all from 1.1.2 to 2.2.1 on about 12 iphones, no problems

untill...i decided to upate my own iphone 2g from 2.2 to 2.2.1 just so i could play Oregan Trail. Did the full restore with itunes and used quickpwn, got just about everything working, when i my phone decides to give me the SWOD

so, ok, i must have done something wrong...full restore again, get about half way to having the phone fully back online, another SWOD

and another, and another, and other

5 crashes in a day!

i installed backwards compatability every time and i didn't even theme it or synced it back with itunes and the phone would still crash... help please!

At what point do you get the SWOD?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

that's the thing...it happens at arbitrary points. usually during a respring after hiding some apps or making some categories, but the first one will work and then the crash, or i'll hide some apps, respring, hide more apps...SWOD

the only thing i can think of is that i didn't uninstall FCSB or Five icon dock when i restored...

Not sure what to suggest except a clean start.

You do realise you could have just used FWChanger rather than upgrade if you just wanted to play OT?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

i did not know that... i was able to install FCSB and no crashes after two 1/2 days...so i think i'm in the clear